Do you give snacks before bed?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by nbgmom, Dec 27, 2006.

1. nbgmom

nbgmom Well-Known Member

My twins are 13months. They are usually great eaters. They eat dinner around 5pm and go to bed around 7:30 or 8. Do they need a snack before bed? My older son always ate dinner later so we didn't have this issue or I don't remember. Mommy brain!!!

2. nbgmom

nbgmom Well-Known Member

My twins are 13months. They are usually great eaters. They eat dinner around 5pm and go to bed around 7:30 or 8. Do they need a snack before bed? My older son always ate dinner later so we didn't have this issue or I don't remember. Mommy brain!!!

3. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

Mine eat around 5pm and then go to bed around 7pm. Typically, they do not get a snack before bedtime. BUT, if they ask, I will give them some milk. And that happens rarely.

4. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

K&K have always gotten a yogurt if they would like one.

5. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

We eat dinner at 6:30 and they go to bed at 8. Usually they don't get a snack. The exception of course is when they refuse to eat any dinner and then we give them something before bed, but this happens rarely.

6. jxnsmama

jxnsmama Well-Known Member

We eat at 5:30 and bedtime when they were younger was around 8, so we continued the bedtime bottle (in a sippy) until they were potty training.

7. ads3046

ads3046 Well-Known Member

We do baths, etc. shortly after dinner and that includes brushing the teeth. So, mine get nothing before bed unless they want a drink of water.

Angela

8. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

I always give my two a snack before bed. Usually warm/cold milk, and plain cookie, or crackers or dry cheerios something small. We usually have dinner at 5pm, then bed 7.30.

amanda (jorja and jessica 3)

9. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

Mine eat around 5:30 p.m. and then they usually do have a snack ariound 7:30- 7:45 and then are in bed at 8.

10. Amy A

Amy A Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by NicoleT:
    Mine eat around 5:30 p.m. and then they usually do have a snack ariound 7:30- 7:45 and then are in bed at 8.

ditto. Unless we have a late dinner, which happens occasionaly.

11. avaoliviamom

avaoliviamom Well-Known Member

Dinner at 530, then a bath, then milk and vanilla wafers bedore bedtime betwen 730-8pm. This has been our ritual since we got rid of bedtime bottles around 1 year.

12. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

Similarly, ours have dinner at around 6 PM, then a bath, and then get a little piece of cookie (the love DH's Pepperidge Farm soft baked cookies -- "white cookie!") after they have their pajamas on, about 45 minutes before bed with some milk.

13. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

We have dinner at 6:15 or so (as soon as I can get it together after work/daycare), then straight to PJs and bed. They're in bed max 45 minutes after dinner, so there's no need for a snack. But if they were eating more than an hour before bed, I'd give them a snack (Amy at leaste -- since she wakes up hungry at 4-5 a.m.!).

14. TwinMom205

TwinMom205 Well-Known Member

We always do a cup of milk before bed (and before brushing teeth). The boys have be come very picky at dinner, so we'll give them yogurt if they're hungrey before bedtime. But we do dinner between 4:30-5 and betime is 7.