Do you have a theme for their playroom

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by cjk2002, Aug 14, 2011.

1. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

My boys playroom was my bedroom years ago so it still has the paint and wallpaper border that I put up 16 years ago. I am in the process of making over their playroom. I've already decided on a slate blue paint color with tan and espresso as accents.

I'm trying to think of a theme. Thisis their bedroom and when they transition to twin size/bunk beds in a few years, chances are they will be moved into the playroom because it's a bigger room. My hope is to pick something that they will still be interested in when the time comes to switch rooms. That is the main reason I'm going with a darker, less babyish paint color. Their bedroom has wall decals and I want to do the same in the playroom because they are easy to put up and take down.

2. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have a red/green theme. I searched and searched all over the internet for something I liked. There was a playroom that was this color scheme and I immediately fell in love with it! So my advice would be to go and google playrooms, or go onto pinterest.com and search playroom ideas. There are stil some things I want to do-like add some words on the wall above the art area(where their artwork hangs) and above the little reading corner as well. Here's the album from FB:

Playroom

3. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

Yes, it is called "toys toys toys everywhere". They are good about keeping with it.

1 person likes this.
  4. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness!! We have the same theme! Lol!

5. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

Ours is Toy Story themed. It's real cute (when it isn't a mess !). :)