Do you have one more accomodating twin?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by swiertel, Aug 24, 2007.

1. swiertel

swiertel Well-Known Member

Ella will give up ANYTHING that she has with the first sign that Jack wants it. ANYTHING! Even if she's drinking out of her PINK cup, he'll want to trade all the time. She NEVER puts up a fight at all. Or if she wants something from Jack, she'lll always have a toy for exchange. In one way, it makes for a happy Jack instead of listening to him scream, but I want her to learn that she doesn't always have to give in. I know it's great that she learns to share (and Jack does too), but I don't want Jack to learn that he can always get what he wants without waiting...

2. mom2znl

mom2znl Well-Known Member

Yes, I have one eager to please, agreeable twin. Lately, when I let them watch a video, one DS has been making the selection. I ask other DS if he agrees--and he always does. Today, I made sure to ask the second DS to choose the video, but after his brother yelled and complained about his first 2 selections he said he didn't want to pick! I felt sad about that. But, we did not put in video that other twin was yelling for (I don't want him to get his way by shouting). Switched to an entirely different activity instead.

3. valentinetwins

valentinetwins Well-Known Member

Audrey is like that too. It breaks my heart sometimes because I want her to feel like what she wants matters just as much. I've had to work with Aiden on this, and have gotten it across finally. But it was just like you described for us about a year ago. Even now, she will willingly give up anything she thinks he wants.

4. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

Yes, Kaitlyn has been the more accomodating twin since day one. She always gives into Kelly no matter what she wants. The girl has a heart of gold and will give anything to anyone. She actually will look through her room or the kitchen cabinets to give something (anything) to visitors when they leave. My mom has left with little toys to cans of tuna. It's just her nature to be giving. But, Kelly takes advantage. Even when they play Kelly will be the 'main character' and Kaitlyn is always the side-kick ( ie. Kelly will be Ariel and Kaitlyn is Flounder). I feel bad for her and always tell her that she shares nicely but I'm afraid that she's going to be a pushover. Instead, I'm trying to work on making Kelly more generous and getting her to share more.

5. LaRae81

LaRae81 Well-Known Member

Maya is much more accomidating than Mason. He is the fit thrower. She'll give him anything as long as it's not her bankie bear, which she can't live without. But anything else. If he wants it he gets it.