Do you vomit when you have RSV??

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by mommybellew, Feb 13, 2007.

1. mommybellew

mommybellew Well-Known Member

2. mommybellew

mommybellew Well-Known Member

3. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

My girls never did but excess mucus can gag you and make you puke. I also have been know to puke when I have sinus infections because all of the mucus going to my stomach. HTH

4. kaysyd

kaysyd Well-Known Member

I didn't think so but my kids haven't had it. Just from reading it. My girlfriend has triplets and her kids all had ear infections and have RSV so they were vomiting with the ear infxn not the RSV.

5. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

According to what I found here vomiting is not a symptom of RSV.

6. Omega3tx

Omega3tx Well-Known Member

I don't know if it is a symptom, but my boys did vomit both times they had RSV last year (at 4 mos, and again at 6 mos). I'm sure it was caused from the volume of mucus, but boy was it scary! They would cough horribly, then choke and throw up great globs of mucus, and of course any formula they had ingested!

Breathing treatments and frequent suctioning of the nose helped some though.

HTH.

BTW, we are practically neighbors! I just noticed you live in Clovis. We live in Canyon, TX.

Hope your kiddos feel better soon!

Omega

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2016
  7. 2peeps4jen

2peeps4jen Well-Known Member

I don't know how rsv works but my son recently had pnemonia (sp?). Everytime he ate, he'd start coughing until he threw up. The dr said the pnemonia (sp?) was on his diaphram, thus the puking. So - if the RSV is located on the diaphram maybe??? did you call your dr yet??

8. Amy A

Amy A Well-Known Member

Vomiting isn't a sign of RSV, but it does go hand in hand. I work in a pediatric hospital and we get a lot of babies with RSV that also throw up. They have to many secretions that they can't clear and when they try to eat, they can't suck/swallow/breath and often end up gagging and throwing up. Some babies with severe RSV aren't allowed to eat and are on IV fluids or tube feedings because of this problem. Also, swallowing all of the secretions can upset their stomach and this can also cause vomitting. I hope all gets better soon!