Do your kids hate wearing socks?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Danibell, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My two absolutely will NOT leave their socks on when we are at home. It's not a huge deal, but our living room windows let cold air in in the winter time, which means our hardwood flooring gets very cold. Their little toes are freezing during the day. I've tried several types of socks but they just take all of them off.

So I saw these SkidDERS at walmart for about $6 a pair I think it was, and I debated for several weeks about trying them. I finally bought them each a set of 24 month ones (shoe size 8+), and to my SHOCK the kids love them! They ask to wear them! They still rip their socks off as soon as we walk in the door, but they will wear these things all day long! They are really soft, sock like material, you'd think they'd hate them as much as socks, but they don't. And the bottoms are really good and grippy so they aren't slipping around like regular slippers do.

I did have to buy them 18 month ones, they are in size 7 shoes and the 24 month are a bit too long, but they'll wear them anyways they don't seem to mind. I have no idea what it is about these things, but if it helps keep their tootsies warmer this winter, I'm happy! :D

1 person likes this.
  2. Island

Island Active Member

and they look so cool!
    my boys dont have a problem with socks but when i get them dressed in the morning i usually put their shoes on (so i dont have to do it later), I was going to suggest having your twins wear shoes ANY socks while at home but it seems you've found the answer!

3. jhart923

jhart923 Well-Known Member

My girls love these too. They always take their socks off but these they keep on. Although if we don't put socks on first their feet stink after wearing them for the day! LOL :laughing:

4. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

Those are cute, but it cracks me up to think that one of my girls who'll be 5 in a week is still in size 7 shoes.