Do your kids run around naked?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by NicoleLea, Apr 11, 2012.

1. NicoleLea

NicoleLea Well-Known Member

Lately I have noticed my girls are obsessed with running around buck naked! We will get them dressed in the morning and they will be playing, then suddenly they will come out of their room without a stitch of clothes on and just go about playing as if it is nothing. This happens all the time lately! The other day my husband was with the girls and I ran some errands, when I came back, they were sitting on the couch, totally naked, watching TV. LOL...At first I was frustrated, telling them "get dressed and keep your clothes on!" but at this point I actually find it kind of funny. I remember when I was their age I was the same way, I would strip down and run around naked and my parents were always telling me to put on clothes. Haha. I guess they just feel so free without them! Luckily they only do this at home and have not tried anything like it in public.

2. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

Always done that lol. Well, they usually kept the diapers on at least, and now their underwear... but I find their clothes all over the house all the time.

3. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yes, and we created a specific naked time (right before pajamas) and they stopped with the random nakedness.

4. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Mine never did this (and I don't think I ever did either) -- maybe it's genetic?

We do have a rule in our house that you can't sit on the furniture without at least wearing underpants. They don't tend to be naked just for fun, but they sometimes get distracted in the middle of getting dressed. It just grosses me out to think of bare bottoms on the couch (especially since I know that they almost never wipe when they pee). :bad:

5. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

Spencer loves to run around in his underwear. But I think it's partly because it's just easier for him to go to the bathroom then. Once in awhile he'll get distracted when getting dressed and I'll realize he has on a shirt and nothing else. But that's not too common.

6. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Mine have gone through some serious nudist phases. :D As in naked all the time at home. I just went with it - made them happy, and there's no harm in it as long as they're at home. And they never gave me a hard time about getting dressed to go out when needed.

7. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I have a friend who is potty training her youngest girl. In pictures she posts on facebook, you can tell what method she is using. No pictures are posted that show her bottom, but you can tell she is completely naked. She is potty trained if she is naked. She is clothed though of course, when they go out. It's a phase.

8. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

My girls are just now getting some modesty and it is so funny because they will run all round the house naked but if I want them to change clothes in the living room, they insist on going to their room or to the bathroom LOL!! Crazy girlies!!

1 person likes this.
  9. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

Mine are still in diapers, but they are obsessed with taking their clothes off on a daily basis! "I want naked knees", "I want naked boobies" is what I hear when I ask them to get their clothes back on!

10. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

My 3yr old just started staying dressed. She liked being naked and I mean fully naked. I struggled to just keep panties on her. My 6yr old wants privacy when going potty but thinks nothing of walking around naked. He's better. My 5yr old always has wanted to be dressed. But, I bargain with my 3yr old. I'm lucky she likes dresses and that's been a winner for me as well.

11. Fossie

Fossie Well-Known Member

My dd not only likes being naked, but it has also caused major problems at school! When she gets angry, upset, or frustrated she strips completely naked (no matter where she is) and has a majorly defiant look on her face that says ha,I got undressed and if you try to get me dressed again I can totally undo it! I happen to work where she goes to school so it is quite embarrassing! She has preferred to be naked as long as I can remember, and immediately strips to put on her "princess dress" whenever we walk in the house. It is actually kind of funny since I am one of the most modest people ever! `

12. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yep, it's normal, and it happens here too. I let the twins run around with just t-shirts and undies on most of the time right now, because we just got through potty training. Well, Rylee got through, she very very rarely has an accident, but Liam still has accidents. I find if he has shorts of pants on, he tends to pee them, but if he just has undies on, he can feel the wetness faster and catch himself better. So, the only time they put bottoms on is when we leave the house.

However, tied in with the potty training, when Liam pees his undies he takes them off and leaves them on the bathroom floor or puts them in the wash. But he forgets to get clean ones out! So he runs around with a naked butt until I notice it, usually when I see him playing with his penis! :lol: Such a typical little boy!

13. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

we made a "naked time" for them, right before putting on jammies at bedtime. it helped with going naked throughout the day. they still like to run around naked :)