Does anybody have a compulsive-baby-clothes-shopping problem?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by vivalalexa, Oct 16, 2008.

1. vivalalexa

vivalalexa Well-Known Member

Really....really now. I can't stop buying baby clothes. My kids have more clothes than any adult I know. And I know adults with LOTS of clothes. They have completely invaded my closet. I counted my DS' T-shirts today...just short sleeve t shirts- and he had 18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not including a couple button up shirts, and the 13 long-sleeve t-shirts/thermals he has. Oh, this is the best part, DS has 7 pairs of basketball shorts....BASKETBALL shorts, what 10 month old needs basketball shorts???? Baby gap is killing me...

Oh, and DD already has her first pair of true religion jeans.
    And I am not even going to tell you how many dresses DD has that in a month if will be too cold to wear, haha.

It's ridiculous. I don't remember the last time I bought myself something...

And this shouldn't sounds like I am BALLIN', I'm not, that's the problem.
    What's weird is they have a lot of stuff but they wear it too. It's not like they only wear the stuff once and than they outgrow it. Oh, here I go- justifying my baby-clothes addiction....

Any one else with this problem?
    I just need someone to co-sign my B.S.!

2. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

My friend does and then sends me all her clothes (her dd is 3 1/2 months older). Poor DS has hardly anything because he is just growing out of clothes left and right. He is almost out of his 24 month sizes and he is just 12 months!!! No matter what they always look more stylish than me and get the compliments about it too.

True religion makes baby clothes....hmmm....

3. vivalalexa

QUOTE(adia2007 @ Oct 16 2008, 09:42 PM) [snapback]1029557[/snapback]
    My friend does and then sends me all her clothes (her dd is 3 1/2 months older). Poor DS has hardly anything because he is just growing out of clothes left and right. He is almost out of his 24 month sizes and he is just 12 months!!! No matter what they always look more stylish than me and get the compliments about it too.

True religion makes baby clothes....hmmm....

Yeah I have a boy and a girl. And one of my friends has a daughter 4 months younger and my friend has a son 3 months older but he is smaller than my boy.

True Religion makes TODDLER clothes. But DS and DD wear 18-24 months, too

I feel ya :)

4. ladybenz

ladybenz Well-Known Member

I went through a stage where I was buying a TON of baby clothes, but I've reined it in now. When I couldn't fit it all into their dresser, that was a wake up call for me!!! ;)

Especially since half the time they are crawling around nakey anyway, I don't know why I buy so many!!! I dressed them in cute matching polos and khakis yesterday and realized I'd had the outfits for four months and this was the first time they'd both worn them at the same time!!!

5. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

I seriously cant leave the house alone or else I end up buying the girls more clothes. I need someone with me at all time to STOP ME! Plus everyone I know buys them clothes too, its crazy! Why does their stuff have to be so damn cute!

6. ladybenz

ladybenz Well-Known Member

QUOTE(cohlee @ Oct 17 2008, 06:49 AM) [snapback]1029638[/snapback]
    I seriously cant leave the house alone or else I end up buying the girls more clothes. I need someone with me at all time to STOP ME! Plus everyone I know buys them clothes too, its crazy! Why does their stuff have to be so damn cute!

Oh my god, if I had girls, someone would need to take away my credit cards, my car keys, and my laptop.

7. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

My MIL was joking about how my babies have the most clothes of any other baby she knows. But it was in the summer, and I got a lot of outfits for cheap from ebay and garage sale (a huge box for $10, I wasn't going to say no!). I've slowed down though... I stick to 6 PJs each (I'm actually low on PJs right now and dying to go buy more to be honest, but I know they'll outgrow them in one month...) and 5-6 every day outfits. And I'll probably get all their spring/summer clothes at the next MOM club sale in March, so I can save some money...

Honestly though, I have no regret... I could have saved some money with outfits they only wore a few times, but they also made some of the best pictures I have, and that's priceless!

I'm the same way with toys too...

8. GenandThadsMom

GenandThadsMom Well-Known Member

LOL I just posted a thread about my addictions. I can't stop buying baby clothes. My babies probably wont wear half of them. I see something cute and I have to have it. If I see something on sale I get it. Carters gives a monthly coupon for 20% off $50 or more. I use it every month! Then I look at Old Navy and Baby Gap online and order more. I thougth formula would send me to the poorhouse, but it looks like it will be my shopping addiction. On the other hand when they get older they will wear their clothes longer so they will get more use out of the clothes. Right?!?!

9. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Nope. I have a strong aversion to anything retail!! :)

10. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

QUOTE(vivalalexa @ Oct 17 2008, 12:39 AM) [snapback]1029553[/snapback]
    Really....really now. I can't stop buying baby clothes. My kids have more clothes than any adult I know. And I know adults with LOTS of clothes. They have completely invaded my closet. I counted my DS' T-shirts today...just short sleeve t shirts- and he had 18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not including a couple button up shirts, and the 13 long-sleeve t-shirts/thermals he has. Oh, this is the best part, DS has 7 pairs of basketball shorts....BASKETBALL shorts, what 10 month old needs basketball shorts???? Baby gap is killing me...

Oh, and DD already has her first pair of true religion jeans.
    And I am not even going to tell you how many dresses DD has that in a month if will be too cold to wear, haha.

It's ridiculous. I don't remember the last time I bought myself something...

And this shouldn't sounds like I am BALLIN', I'm not, that's the problem.
    What's weird is they have a lot of stuff but they wear it too. It's not like they only wear the stuff once and than they outgrow it. Oh, here I go- justifying my baby-clothes addiction....
    Any one else with this problem?
    I just need someone to co-sign my B.S.!

Baby Gap is the devil. That's all I have to say! :p

11. cheriek

cheriek Well-Known Member

oh such an addiction! i have so much clothes that dont match and im dying for more matching ones i have to be one of those twin moms who dress their twins alike;)

12. ckreh

ckreh Well-Known Member

My MIL and SIL are the addicts, so DH and I buy very few clothes for Max & Lily. We really have to be totally in love with something to buy it ourselves. I had to tell MIL & SIL to slow down because I was going to have to dress Max & Lily 3x's per day so they could wear all their clothes before they grew out of them, so now they are buying 9 & 12 month clothes :rolleyes: . Oh well, more money we can spend on diapers and formula.

13. rabresch72

rabresch72 Well-Known Member

I refuse to buy DD True Religion jeans until I get a pair...some things just need to be done!

14. amelowe9

amelowe9 Well-Known Member

Count me in! I've inherited some super cute boy/girl clothes from my sister (who has one of each...) and I STILL want to buy some (but they are my first two and I love baby clothes!) I'm addicted to Baby Gap, Carters, and Gymboree...in fact I spent a certain amount last time at Gymboree so I could earn "gym bucks" which gave me 1/2 off my next purchase (spend $200, get $100 off)...but, I AM going to cool it for awhile, especially because they are set for now:)!

15. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I did the first few months....but now that they're about to turn 1 it's like they out grow everything so fast that I've really slowed down a lot. It's so expensive!

16. vivalalexa

Yeah, I definitely feel like I have slowed down a lot.
    Sometimes I go online and shop like I am going to buy it for them and than delete the shopping cart at the end of the night. It helps, hahaha.

I'm really trying hard not to get them anything other than a couple more pairs of pants for winter because Christmas is soon and than their birthday is December 28th (where I made the list and it is over 70 people!!) So I know they will get TONS of clothes!

17. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Huge problem here too....I can't seem to go anywhere without buying something for them!
    Plus my MIL is a shop-a-holic & has new things for them everytime she sees them.
    I have bags (literally) of clothes that haven't been worn that they grew out of :(
    I just saw the True Religion jeans at Nordstroms this morning & they are ADORABLE.
    As they are getting bigger it is getting more fun & the clothes are getting cuter & cuter!!

18. vivalalexa

QUOTE(tamaras @ Oct 17 2008, 02:44 PM) [snapback]1030709[/snapback]
    Huge problem here too....I can't seem to go anywhere without buying something for them!
    Plus my MIL is a shop-a-holic & has new things for them everytime she sees them.
    I have bags (literally) of clothes that haven't been worn that they grew out of :(
    I just saw the True Religion jeans at Nordstroms this morning & they are ADORABLE.
    As they are getting bigger it is getting more fun & the clothes are getting cuter & cuter!!

Hey and the jeans go on sale ALL THE TIME. They are around $110 and I got DDs for $68 last summer, size 2T. I had to get them because we have matching ones now......I know. ridiculous

19. debbie_long83

debbie_long83 Well-Known Member

LOL, we sooo have this problem. I buy a good bit but my MIL buys a TON. She went to a Carter's outlet recently and came home with practically an entire fall/winter wardrobe for both girls. A few weekends ago I was sorting everything and washing their new clothes and was amazed at how much they had in 9 month size. Way more than any other size they have had. I told MIL not to buy anymore 9 month stuff because we were set... then I went and bought some stuff off a website yesterday! lol...

20. 3n1n2n2

3n1n2n2 Well-Known Member

It gets worse when they are older and actually WANT the True Religion jeans and many, many other name brands. (I'm talkin' 11 here)!

21. akameme

akameme Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(Mom to Jack and Anna @ Oct 17 2008, 07:07 AM) [snapback]1029876[/snapback]
    Baby Gap is the devil. That's all I have to say! :p

gymboree...right down to the matching socks!

22. nutty-mom

nutty-mom Well-Known Member

I was worse when they were younger I had to buy a lot of cordinating clothes. I still like to cordinate them they are 3yrs now, but I have problems with buying to many toys (inside and outside ones). Our backyard looks like we have a daycare. And their playroom is overflowing.

23. Mellizos

Mellizos Well-Known Member

How in the world do you afford this habit?

24. lucky123

lucky123 Well-Known Member

Baby clothes don't do it for me as much as when they get a bit older (from 12 mo and up). DD had and has a killer wardrobe. But so far the boys clothes are so not doing it for me. They're all the same. :(

25. vivalalexa

QUOTE(lucky123 @ Oct 18 2008, 07:30 AM) [snapback]1031400[/snapback]
    Baby clothes don't do it for me as much as when they get a bit older (from 12 mo and up). DD had and has a killer wardrobe. But so far the boys clothes are so not doing it for me. They're all the same. :(

Well my DS wears 2T and DD wears 18-24 months so there's tons of cute tuff now.

but i know what yoiu mean!

26. clb8899

clb8899 Well-Known Member

I have the same problem. I just can't pass up a sale. I never buy anything at full price, so that's my justification. My girls are almost 6 months old & we have clothes up to 4T. Fully stocked to 2T. I've even hooked up with a twin parent on e-bay that has girls about 2 years older than mine. She sells me clothes with tags still on them for bargain prices. I can't stop buying them. I'm not quite as bad with DS, but he's got enough clothes for at least a year from now. We wear everything too. As long as it fits, it will be worn. The 0 to 3 month clothes got too small too fast. Some of them were only worn twice. I just had too many. Anyway, I don't buy myself anything either. It's way more fun to buy kids clothes!!