Does anybody know if Target offers a twins discount?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by melstofko, Jul 5, 2008.

1. melstofko

melstofko Well-Known Member

We just bought 2 cribs from Target and in hindsight I began to wonder if we would qualify for a multiples discount like Babies R us offers. I called Target and of course I was rerouted from customer service agent to cashier to operator etc. Nobody seemed to know. Do any of you know if they offer this? Thank you.

2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I've never heard that they do.

3. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I would highly doubt it!!

I would also discourage you from registering at Target. Unless people give gift receipts, you are going to be stuck with a a summer dress that will be sized for winter and various other stuff!! They have a BAD / MEAN :angry: return policy!

4. Twins08

Twins08 Well-Known Member

I agree, their return policy SUCKS!!! I doubt they would have a twin discount.

I got my cribs at Burlington and got the second crib for 30% off!

5. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

When I registered last year at Target they did NOT have a twin discount, I doubt they do now....
    I love target for a million and one reasons BUT their return policy is definitely NOT one of them!!!

6. Joanna G

Joanna G Well-Known Member

I don't think they do, but Target.com has a deal for shipping multiple items.

7. Amanda

Amanda Well-Known Member

not mine. . . the stinkers! LOL!

8. Jeb-O

Jeb-O Well-Known Member

Babies R Us does??????????????? I wish I would have known. <_<

9. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have not heard that Target does either...though I feel they should!

10. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Jeb-O @ Jul 6 2008, 11:34 AM) [snapback]862406[/snapback]
    Babies R Us does??????????????? I wish I would have known. <_<

Yeah they do, I think its like 10% off if you spend more than $70 (or so) per item, and they have to be the exact same item. I think I have only qualified for it once or twice.

11. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure Target doesn't offer a twin discount, and their return policy does stink. It doesn't stop me from buying there, I keep my receipts. But it is hard when you get gifts without gift receipts.

12. Jeb-O

Jeb-O Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Kyrstyn @ Jul 6 2008, 02:00 PM) [snapback]862575[/snapback]
    Yeah they do, I think its like 10% off if you spend more than $70 (or so) per item, and they have to be the exact same item. I think I have only qualified for it once or twice.

I wonder if I took my receipts in if they would credit me?? Even if it's just store credit that would be nice! We bought two $250 cribs, two $130 swings, two car seats and the discount was NEVER mentioned!!!

13. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Jeb-O @ Jul 7 2008, 04:27 PM) [snapback]864535[/snapback]
    I wonder if I took my receipts in if they would credit me?? Even if it's just store credit that would be nice! We bought two $250 cribs, two $130 swings, two car seats and the discount was NEVER mentioned!!!

It wouldn't hurt to try!! I would ask to talk to the manager.

14. Erineliza

Erineliza Well-Known Member

Never heard that they do.

15. melstofko

melstofko Well-Known Member

My mom asked BRU if they have a discount when she was shopping off of my registery. They said yes but they needed "proof" of twins. They told her that the discount mostly applies for parents only and it is valid on any double "big tag" purchase over $40.00. I would go in and ask for the manager, that is the only way I have ever found any help at a lot of these stores.

16. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Jeb-O @ Jul 7 2008, 06:27 PM) [snapback]864535[/snapback]

BABIES "R" US MULTIPLE BIRTH DISCOUNT

Does Babies "R" Us offer a multiple birth discount? We are pleased to inform you of our multiple birth discount. Babies "R" Us defines a multiple birth as parents with two or more babies the same age. We offer our customers 10% off two or more of the same items purchased in the same order (e.g. two cribs, two bedding sets, two strollers, etc.). The discount can not be combined with any other offers, including sale priced items, and applies to the following categories only: furniture, bedding sets and baby gear, including car seats, strollers, travel yards, highchairs, swings, gates, exersaucers/walkers and backpack/carriers. Double strollers and matching infant car seats are also eligible for the multiple birth discount. This offer is not available on any special purchase items. Corporate sales do not qualify for the multiple birth discount

Here's what I found...I think it's pretty much the same at Baby Depot too.

As long as you purchased at the same time, you should qualify and I'm surprised that you weren't asked about it.

17. Jeb-O

Jeb-O Well-Known Member

We gott two double strollers too!!! How frustrating that they said NOTHING!

Thank you for the heads up, ladies. I am definitely going to speak with a manager!