Does anyone have suction plates or bowls that actually stay?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Momto1now3, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Momto1now3

Momto1now3 Well-Known Member

I really want to work with the twins on eating from a plate more. I bought some at Target (their brand I believe) and they do not stick at all. At first I thought it was the tray, but they do the same thing on the counter top. Anyone find any that actually stick good?

2. Momto1now3

Momto1now3 Well-Known Member

I really want to work with the twins on eating from a plate more. I bought some at Target (their brand I believe) and they do not stick at all. At first I thought it was the tray, but they do the same thing on the counter top. Anyone find any that actually stick good?

3. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

It is really hard to find some that stick well. OneStepAhead.com has a set that suctions to the table using a handle that applies a vacuum. I've never tried it but everything else I've ever used with a design of that sort sticks really well. They have a 10% off twins discount if you call in your order.

I also like the Baby Bjorn bowl/plates that have sloping sides. They're large enough to put 3 types of food in but a little more difficult for the kids to pick up and are very stable.

I actually liked suction bowls more for their stability rather than their ability to stay attached to the table. The girls weren't exactly careful with their bowls and the suction bowls weren't that easy to accidentally knock over or push across the table. I stayed next to them while they were eating and told them "no" every time they tried to pick it up. It took about a month, but they finally learned that plates are not toys. [​IMG]

4. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

Ikea....

They have a frog set maybe some other too... The suction is really stong and take me forever to get it off....

5. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

quote:
    It is really hard to find some that stick well. OneStepAhead.com has a set that suctions to the table using a handle that applies a vacuum. I've never tried it but everything else I've ever used with a design of that sort sticks really well. They have a 10% off twins discount if you call in your order

We asked for a couple of these for Christmas since they look like they'll work really well, but they're so pricey ($20 I think). I haven't found anything that works yet. I'll check out Ikea though like the pp mentioned.

6. scruffycat

scruffycat Member

I personally can't stand suction bowls or plates. It always seemed as though they provided an extra incentive for my girls to try to pry them off. Drove me nuts. So we just used the highchair tray and only used plates once they were old enough to listen.

-Brian, The Dad from
    Looky, Daddy!

7. WEME

WEME Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by Momto1now3:

I could have wrote this post. I got mine from Target too and they don't work at all.