Does your Costco carry baby food?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by betha, May 6, 2009.

1. betha

betha Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I went to our Costco today in So Cal. I planned to buy baby food in jars. The Costco person said they don't carry baby food.

Does your Costco carry baby food? What brand? I'm wondering if I should try a different Costco location.

If not, where do you buy larger quantities of baby food for a good price?

TIA! Beth

2. becky5

becky5 Guest

No, they sure didn't! With the twins, I made most of my food, and usually bought the rest at Walmart.

3. spaulino227

spaulino227 Active Member

The Costco near me didn't sell it either, just formula. I get cases at BJ's, but the price of the case isn't that much better than the price at Wal-Mart or Target (which are both the same near me). Target has their own brand, but I haven't tried it. I'm not sure how it is.

4. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I also live in Southern California and I have never seen Baby food at Costco at any of their locations. I always just bought the baby food at wal mart or Target. Never did much price checking though to see if I could find it cheaper.

5. aimeemolloy

aimeemolloy Well-Known Member

costco has some things like APPLESAUCE and yogart that babies will eat a ton of..I buy both of those there - and Oatmeal...

6. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Our Costco does not carry baby food. They only carry diapers and formula.

7. kdanielleflowers

kdanielleflowers Well-Known Member

I checked at Sam's the other day and they had baby food in 18 packs (one of veggies and one of fruits) but it was only stage 2 so I'll have to wait. Target had all their Gerber stage 1s on sale last week for .89 for the 2 packs.

8. bekkiz

bekkiz Well-Known Member

Our Costcos (near Seattle, WA) carry Earth's Best in a big flat.

9. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(bekkiz @ May 6 2009, 11:22 PM) [snapback]1303776[/snapback]
    Our Costcos (near Seattle, WA) carry Earth's Best in a big flat.

Lucky you!! Our Costco doesn't carry any baby food; just diapers, wipes and formula.

We buy mostly organic when we don't make our own (Earth's Best, Gerber) and I've found the best prices at our local grocery store. Diapers.com does carry cases of Earth's best, but it's a couple bucks more expensive than buying it locally. I only get it from there when I'm looking for varieties I can't find at the store.

10. HeidiSmith

HeidiSmith Well-Known Member

The Costco stores in Oregon sell baby food - Earth's Best.

11. mkhvjh

mkhvjh Well-Known Member

I'm in MI... our Costcos don't sell food either yet. I understand it's cuz they can't get a good enough discount on it & still make a profit.... so that's probably why we'll never see it. Earth's Best is something that's just being introduced in some of our stores. I'm gonna try that when it comes time & possibly make my own food. (I say that now only since the babies haven't come yet!!! heehheeehee!!)

12. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Ours usually had the Earth's Best in a case of 12 jars. You get 4 jars each of 3 different kinds, or something. I did buy it, though I also bought more at the grocery store just to have a little variety.