Doggy issues

Discussion in 'General' started by ljcrochet, May 30, 2015.

1. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have a English springer spaniel who is 11 years old.
    Yesterday I was a few minutes late getting home and syd face timed as I was down the block saying that cloe pooped in the house.
    I replied cloe doesn't poop in the house
    She said your right its diarrhea.

I walk in and sure enough cloe had made a mess all over my kitchen floor. I start to clean it up and notice it has a reddish took to it.

Dani then calls from up stairs to tell me that cloe vomited all over the guest room.

This morning cloe woke me at 5 am to go outside.

2. ljcrochet

Here is her pic

1 person likes this.
  3. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Sounds like she has a tummy bug at the least. Feed her boiled chicken and rice and if it doesn't clear up in a day or two get her to the vet. Also check for other signs of illness like pale gums or anything like that, and if she's looking really ill, get her in as fast as you can. Good luck; there's a reason they say "as sick as a dog".

1 person likes this.
  4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I second Jen on feeding her the boiled chicken and rice and calling the vet if she is not feeling better by Monday.  Hope she is better soon!

5. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

How is she otherwise? I'd definitely get her to the vet if she isn't perked up already. I'm overly jumpy about stomach issues though. Our older dog was misdiagnosed with a stomach bug when he had pancreatitis. He had a lot of health issues generally though. :(

6. ljcrochet

We are watching her closely.  
    Both of my dogs didn't really eat over the weekend- which is weird.  Dani fed them each a huge bowl of dog food thursday night which russell finished this morning.  

Yesterday, cloe was vomiting/regurgitation watery mucus.  I blocked off the steps to keep her downstairs.   
    She did eat some pulled pork last night when we ate dinner and kept it down, but didn't react at all to the big thunderstorm we had.  This is the dog that I have to give benadryl to in the past due to how she reacts to a thunderstorm.   
    This morning when my MIL came over to get the girls on the bus, cloe ran to greet her tail wagging and didn't try and jump on her, which according to my MIL is out of character.

7. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

How is she doing today? Any better?  I'd say if you are still seeing behavior changes in her, I'd call to have the vet take a look at her.  I hope she is feeling better soon.

8. ljcrochet

Last night she was acting way to lethargic for my liking, I actually checked the vets website to see if they were still open, but they closed at 7.
    This morning is seems to be back to normal.  She was at my side as I made the girls lunch.  I did feed her some of the pulled pork which she eat.  Then she jumped up away from the counters to see if I left anything out for her to steal.  I'm going to keep a close eye on her and bring her in if she doesn't seem back to normal this afternoon.

1 person likes this.