"Don't be left out"

Discussion in 'General' started by twin_trip_mommy, Sep 29, 2010.

1. hudsonfour

hudsonfour Well-Known Member

I am saying this as a teacher...You would not believe the number of parents who call the day/week after to send in money or order because THEY DIDN'T KNOW! The school sends home at least 2 notices of pictures, plus it is on the school calendar online website, printed (goes home with kids) and the school marque. I guess this last notice is for parents who didn't see it the first time or need a reminder that tomorrow is PICTURE DAY!.
    You are a parent who pays attention to what your kids bring home. It is great that you knew already...I am guess the Don't get left out notice wasn't really aimed at you...KWIM?

3 people like this.
  2. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

:clapping:

:clapping:

Some kids don't get what they want 99.9% of the time. Some kids don't even have parents and go home to foster care. Commercials and school are different. I want that BMW that is out of my reach, but when a child is in school nothing should be out of their reach. Kids that are like mine and have everything they need are not the ones the don't be left out thing bothers me for, my kids could use a little spine growing at times. It is the kids who have been through hades and back that have spines that are thicker than we could ever imagine that maybe we should thin down our spines a little for.

1 person likes this.
  3. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

She posts about things in her life that make her think. No different than anyone else on TS. If she does stress in real life, TS should be a place that she can turn to. No one is asking anyone to agree with everything that is said, our different opinions are what makes the world go round. Cheryl has had some things happen to her lately and maybe they seem like a mole hill to some but as long as they are a mountain to her - we should be supportive and not try to make her or anyone feel bad. Cheryl is not venting to her children and their friends over this, she is venting to adults she is not singling her kids out she is trying to make it to where they won't be.

2 people like this.