Dont ever mess around with it!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by AKilburn, Apr 27, 2012.

1. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

So, I never had my wisdom teeth pulled (mainly b/c I never wanted to go through the pain and surgery) and I had a wisdom tooth come in fully a few months ago, and goodness that was a ton of pain! Anyway, I guess the wisdom tooth coming in ended up putting too much pressure against my next molar and it ended up breaking that molar about a month ago, I was waiting till I got on dental insurance to go to the dentist, I didn't have any pain or anything. Well that was until about a week ago it started to be a little painful and I started calling around trying to find a dentist that will work on a pregnant woman and I was coming up with NOTHING. I had an unfilled perscription for amoxicillian and went ahead and started that, well the last 3 days the swelling got really bad, I ended up at my family practice doc and she put me on augmentin and gave me tylenol 3 for the pain ... this morning I woke up and I'm not joking, the right side of my face was almost 3 times bigger than the left side, I called my doc this am and then she said to call my OB, the OB said I should be fine with the augmentin but he gave me a stronger pain med, hopefully I'll be able to sleep finally and I have a dentist appt on monday.

Anyway moral of this story is ... Don't delay on getting dental work done! There are so many complications that can come about with the pregnancy with an abscessed tooth! And trust me this pain, I wouldn't even wish on my worst enemy (not that I really have any).

1 person likes this.
  2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Sheesh! I hope the pain subsides for you soon.

3. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

Thanks! I should have NEVER waited but the break wasn't that bad and it didn't hurt so I figured I could wait 2 months till I got on dental insurance .... good lord was I wrong!

4. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: Oh man I sure feel for you. I know how painful it is. My hubby just went through the same thing you did...was having pain, found out he had a cracked tooth from his wisdom teeth pushing on it, but luckily he was able to get them taken out a few months ago. :good: I hope you get some relief. :hug:

5. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

Oh I'm sorry! I had an abcess tooth when I was about 8 and I remember it being miserable. My mom had me put the hottest water I could stand in my mouth and just hold it there. That helped a little with the pain, as I remember.

6. ohd1974

ohd1974 Well-Known Member

I had an abcessed molar once due to a crack too. I screamed into a pillow for 3 days while popping T'3 waiting for the swelling to subside so they could pull it. Almost pulled it myself because I couldn't take the pain anymore. Hopefully you get some relief soon!

7. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Hot tea bags on the swollen area should help too