Double stroller and infant car seats

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by acjb2004, Jan 8, 2010.

1. acjb2004

acjb2004 Well-Known Member

We still use infant car seat when going for our walks, we have Dou Glidder by Graco. The front seat does not recline all the way down, that is the main concern for me. My boys are about 15lbs and have very good head control. Do you think it is too early to try it?

2. TennesseeMomma

TennesseeMomma Well-Known Member

We have the same stroller...I think I started using it without carseats at about 5 months....the babies were practicing sitting and I had them in Bumbos practicing too...You could always give it a try and have a couple of towels or blankets rolled up next to them to help them sit up.

3. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

We started using our SBS (without infant carriers) when the babies were 5 weeks. They didn't look very comfy but they always fell asleep, so it couldn't have been too bad. By 3 months it should certainly be OK to use a stroller without infant carriers, though depending on your circumstances, it may be easier to keep using them awhile longer.

4. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I think my boys were 5 months when we started using the Duo Glider (and not putting the two of them lying together in the back seat). I reclined the front seat as much as it would and it was perfect.

5. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

I wasted money on ours. I quit using them when the boys were 2 months old. I wish I had just gotten the convertible car seats to begin with. Was sooo much easier on my back! Love the Combi side by side stroller and the convertibles. MUCH easier on my body and soo much less cumbersome to maneuver with.