Dr. Browns bottle

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by hannahshope, Jan 18, 2009.

1. hannahshope

hannahshope Well-Known Member

my girls are just over 6 months and need to go up to the size 3 nipple on the dr. brown bottles but they don't like them. i guess it comes out to quickly for them? any experience with this anyone???

2. beemer

beemer Well-Known Member

What makes you think they need to go up to a size 3?

The size 3 nipples are practically like pouring it straight into their mouths without them sucking at all. I know my guys wouldn't have been ready for that at 6 months. In fact only one is even currently on size 3 and that is beacuse he has absolutely no patience - he wants the food now and had absolutely no trouble switching over and gulping it down. The other is still in a size 2 and will probably stay in the 2's until we are done with bottles completely.

3. hannahshope

a friend told me to switch to a 3 around 6 months so they don't get alot of gas because they should be drinking quicker. good to know they don't have to go to a 3....thanks!

4. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would stay at a 2 for now. If its too fast then they are not ready.

5. lisaessman@verizon.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

I switched to size 3 at 8 mos., and my girls were definitely ready. BTW, they do still have to suck!

6. i&a's mama

i&a's mama New Member

My guys are 6 months and still on Level One. Level Two is too fast. I think it depends on the baby...

7. dtomecko

dtomecko Well-Known Member

We switched ours to level 3 around 6 months when they were becoming disinterested in their bottles. They were messier, but they handled it ok, and it got them drinking their bottles at a normal pace again. I would give it some time and try again maybe in another month. It's usually a good sign they're ready when they start getting lazy with their bottles.

8. hannahshope

Thanks for all the responses!!

9. aandja79

aandja79 Well-Known Member

Mine will be 8 months is a few days, and I've been trying out my son with Level 3 a few times, and so far, he's doing fine with them. Will leave my little girl for now though, she seems happy with where shes at.

10. San12

San12 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(hannahshope @ Jan 18 2009, 10:45 PM) [snapback]1152556[/snapback]
    my girls are just over 6 months and need to go up to the size 3 nipple on the dr. brown bottles but they don't like them. i guess it comes out to quickly for them? any experience with this anyone???

Mine have been on size three since the holiday's, and they are doing fine. They drink their bottles much faster now. Don't fret though, I tried about 3 weeks before and neither baby would take it. So just keep offering the faster flow.

Hugs,

11. ashes200264

ashes200264 Well-Known Member

My boys are almost 11 onths and are still on level 2's, they do fine with them and they don't end up wearing half of their bottles! just do what works! Good luck. Also I put some rice cereal in their bottles to thicken it up a little...so it's not pouring out...I started that at about 6 months.

12. ashes200264

ashes200264 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(5girlies @ Jan 19 2009, 02:46 PM) [snapback]1153358[/snapback]
    I switched to size 3 at 8 mos., and my girls were definitely ready. BTW, they do still have to suck!

Love your girls names!!!!!!