Dr Brown's vs. Born Free

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by LisaLonnie, Jan 20, 2009.

1. LisaLonnie

LisaLonnie Well-Known Member

We need to invest in some larger bottles since our girls are eating more and more these days. I read great things about both Dr. Brown's and Born Free in terms of preventing gas.

Which bottles do you prefer? Has anyone used both and found a clear winner?

2. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I never tried Born Free, but we did use Dr. Browns and absolutely loved them!

3. annagloth

annagloth Well-Known Member

We use Dr Browns also and LOVE them!!!!! I rave about them to everyone!

4. debfitz

debfitz Well-Known Member

I use them both and love them both. Although, I think the twins do slightly better with the doc browns. But the Born free has 9oz as opposed to the 8.5 doc browns. Not a big difference, but ds likes to drink a lot. They come in packs of two, so I would suggest just trying them out and see which the kiddos prefer.

5. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

We switched from Dc Brown to Born Free and like the changes! They're easier to grab and put formula in, and the parts take much less room in the dishwasher. They don't always get cleaned very well though.

6. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

I've heard all sorts of wonderful things about Dr. Brown's bottles :).

7. aandja79

aandja79 Well-Known Member

Never used Born Free, but we switched from Playtex with the liners to Dr Browns when the bubs were a week or so old, and love them. They really help with the gas, and even now at 8 months old, they're still great. The extra little bit of washing really is no big deal.

8. bekkiz

bekkiz Well-Known Member

We use the born frees, and I babysat for a family that used the Dr. Browns. I think they're both pretty good, but it is 10x easier to wash the vents of the Born Free vs. the tube thing on the Dr. Browns. The Born Free have the wide mouth, so it's also really easy to fill them. BUT, I think the Dr. Browns are also a bit cheaper, so that's a factor too. My boys have little to no gas issues, although I have no way of knowing if it's the bottles or just them.

9. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I only used Dr. Browns and I dont have a bad thing to say about them.

10. beemer

beemer Well-Known Member

We never tried Born Free, but we have the Dr. Browns and love them. Extra washing and all. :)

11. becky5

becky5 Guest

I used Dr. Brown's with the twins and liked them.

12. sjohnson813

sjohnson813 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(beemer @ Jan 20 2009, 02:48 PM) [snapback]1154658[/snapback]
    We never tried Born Free, but we have the Dr. Browns and love them. Extra washing and all. :)

DITTO!

13. cottoncandysky

cottoncandysky Well-Known Member

never tried born free. we've used dr. browns since they came home from the NICU. theyre awesome at preventing tummy pain (still need to burp though), but they are a pain to wash/put together

14. MonicaBaker

MonicaBaker Well-Known Member

I havent tried Born Free, but we tried all kinds of bottles and Dr. Browns has worked wonders for us- my reflux baby does really well with them too!