Drooling

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Pookeysue, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Pookeysue

Pookeysue Well-Known Member

My 2 year old DS can not stop drooling. I keep thinking that he has more teeth coming in, but I havent seen any so far. This has been going on for 3 months I would guess...... Is this normal? Why would it be happening? I am getting tired of having a kid that has a drooling soaked shirt 5 miniutes after I put it on him!

TIA!!

Sue

2. dtlyme

dtlyme Well-Known Member

Could be molars coming in. I don't know what to tell you. My almost 3 1/2 year old son is still quite the drooler! :rolleyes: I can only hope he stops by the teen years!!

3. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

Jonathan drooled from the time he was 4 months until he was 3 years 1 month and 1 week. How do I remember the day he stopped drooling? It was the day his tonsils came out! Drooling was what pushed me to the ped, when all of his molars were in and there was no end in sight--we had always attibuted it to teething. After looking at him, the ped said he had big tonsils, and we tried med to shrink them. Ended up at the ENT, discovered he was having apnea episodes in his sleep, a week later out came the tonsils. The drooling stopped, he grew 4 inches in the next 6 months, started eating and sleeping better, and his behavior improved.

4. dtlyme

dtlyme Well-Known Member

Oh lord Sharon! Don't tell me I need to have Archer's tonsils out to stop this! ahhhh! But I will ask my pediatrician next time we are in about this.

thanks!

5. Pookeysue

Pookeysue Well-Known Member

The tonsil problem is better than what I am figuring it is!! LOL! I am convinced that he has a problem with his salavia glands and they dont turn off like they should, so he just drools all the time. LOL! I am not sure why I thought that, but I will talk to his pedi next time I go. I hope that it is just molars!!

6. Lisala

Lisala Well-Known Member

Both my kids drool drool drool!!! DD has been drooling for months now. DD stopped around 13 months, and just started up again about 2 weeks ago. I hear ya on changing the shirts - I must change shirts at least 4 times a day! Bibs don't cut it anymore, they just rip them off.

Very interesting on the tonsils thing!!!! I will have to keep this in mind in case their drooling doesn't let up.