DSP and hemorrhoids :(

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by KPeterson206, Apr 10, 2013.

1. KPeterson206

KPeterson206 Member

I am 37 weeks and 5 days pregnant with fraternal twin boys. I am being induced tomorrow. I felt great until a few days ago when I developed a terrible hemorrhoid and DSP. Diastasis Symphsis Pubis???? Basically my pubic bone is separating too much from the relaxin hormone. It hurts so bad and I can barely walk or move. I'm so bummed that all this happened so close to the end and I know will make my recovery much worse. It's very depressing. Any of you dealt with either of these issues at all? I'd love to know how you healed.

2. Amycplus

Amycplus Well-Known Member

I was induced at 37+5, had hemoroids and possibly undiagnosed DSP. The hemoroids resolved themselves easily after birth but I had a hard time walking for a while after and I still have issues with pain and alignment in my pelvis. I do wish I had got some pelvic floor therapy or something, in fact I still should. My best recommendation is to talk to your dr at your 6 week follow up and talk then about supports that would help (physiotherapy?). That said, there is nothing I haven't been able to do with my boys and things are so much better I would say I am 85-90% back to normal which is pretty good. Take all the help you can get at the beginning and for as long as you can get it. Try and keep life with the babes on one floor (mine lived in the living room for the first month plus) and enjoy resting with your babes (let everyone do everything else). Most if all, try and keep your eye on the prize of your beautiful babies getting ready to arrive. I wish you a smooth birth and a wonderful baby moon. Good luck!

ETA: Don't forget to post a birth announcement on TS!