Dumb Question But...

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by mjwebb05, Dec 4, 2010.

1. mjwebb05

mjwebb05 Well-Known Member

when do you know your kiddoes are ready to sit in the actual stroller seats and not in the car seats when they are in the stroller?

2. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

Mine were fine when they could hold their heads up on their own and sit with assistance. However, my stroller has a five point harness so they were held in quite well by the stroller. For a three point harness, I probably would want them to be more stable sitters, cause they can fall out of those more easily. I think mine were fine in the 3 point harnesses around 6 months, but I'm not sure if I am remembering correctly.

3. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We didn't switch until about 9 months. My guys were really late sitters though, so they would just flop over without the support. If your seats recline quite a bit you could probably put them in earlier though! In our graco quattro only the back seat reclines all the way so I could put one in there for a nap quite easily.

4. E's 3

E's 3 Well-Known Member

I switched tham at about 4 months (I think) but the jogger that I have is still slightly reclined when fully upright. They were both able to sit with assistance at 4 months so I figured they would be fine...and they were :). I was also really sick of the Snap and Go and eager to start using my jogger so I made the switch as soon as I thought they could handle it!

5. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

I think we switched at around 4 months - but our boys were big for their age (90th percentile) and had excellent head control at a very early age. They could also sit assisted at that point, and our stroller reclined a bit.

6. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hmmm...When out and about in public...probably close to nine months old. They were still sitting in their infant carriers, and it was just easier to transport them that way. If we walked down the street, I'm sure it was before that, probably closer to 5/6 months.

If doing the jogger, I would think maybe around 4 months old or so, once they have good neck control.