Durabond/Stitches....Son split head open

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Shadyfeline, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Shadyfeline

Shadyfeline Well-Known Member

My poor baby split his forehead open today on our stupid table, that I've meant to move a million times but never did. I was upstairs cleaning and DH was watching them, there was nothing he could of done different, Ian went to put a toy onto the table and missed, smacking his head on the table instant blood everywhere. Thankfully it looked much worse than it was but they did not use stitches they used Durabond glue. I am just worried he is going to have a big scar now, it's about an inch and a half so it's a pretty big noticable thing now. Anyone have their child's wound glued??

2. Shadyfeline

My poor baby split his forehead open today on our stupid table, that I've meant to move a million times but never did. I was upstairs cleaning and DH was watching them, there was nothing he could of done different, Ian went to put a toy onto the table and missed, smacking his head on the table instant blood everywhere. Thankfully it looked much worse than it was but they did not use stitches they used Durabond glue. I am just worried he is going to have a big scar now, it's about an inch and a half so it's a pretty big noticable thing now. Anyone have their child's wound glued??

3. KLM2

KLM2 Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to Jake. The ER dr. told me to keep it out of the sun for 9 months. So everytime we went out even for a minute I put sunscreen on it. You can barely see the scar now. Hope he feels 100% soon.

4. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

They used glue on the outside of my c-sect and my scar is barely visable/

5. crazybabies

crazybabies Well-Known Member

My oldest had the durabond used on a cut on the arch of his foot several years ago. It was fantastic!! Even with him walking (or should I say running- I think he was 3 at the time!!)
    I don't think you can even see anything these days (5 years later)

6. bgtwins

bgtwins Member

My son gashed his eyelid about 3 months ago & they used the durabond glue. (They actually glued part of his eye shut...I almost died!) Anyway, he still has a fairly noticeable line. I'm hoping it will get better with time. Sorry that your son had to go through this. [​IMG] I hope he is feeling better soon! [​IMG]

7. Shadyfeline

Thanks for the replies, I did not know about the sun exposure I will definately be putting sunscreen on it later. He is doing great like nothing happen, I just have to constantly watch him, I am so afraid they are going to wack each other and it's gonna open up or something. Oh, and I had the spelling wrong, It's Dermabond. Glad to hear it actually works!