Earth's Best Baby food question

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by christinam, Nov 30, 2010.

1. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

Is the stage 1 veggies (the basics like peas and squash) a lot thicker from the stage 2 foods? I am thinking of just buying the stage 2 jars and the girls can share. They haven't started on solids yet. I gave them a little cereal to just try it out last night and they LOVED it! I know the gerber is very similar. I'm looking online at BabiesRUs and see they have 12pks for $8 and thinking I might just buy a couple of those.

2. fmcquinn

fmcquinn Well-Known Member

I honestly didn't notice much difference in the consistency. Most of the stage 2 foods are combinations rather than single fruits and veggies. It may be a little thicker but not significantly so.

3. christinam

That was what I was thinking too. I know with gerber it seems to be the same way. Then only one that is significantly thicker is the cereal/fruit combos.

4. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

Yes no difference. Stage 3 has pieces in it, thicker than stage 2 and 1. But 1 and 2 are no different. I like to buy stage 2, its cheaper and has more food in it.

5. Gigantor

Gigantor Well-Known Member

This is it exactly. When you first start out, you may want to introduce only one veggie/fruit at a time just in case of any allergic reaction your lo's may have.

6. christinam

With my older kids I always did one food for four days and on the fifth day would introduce something new. I will do the same this go around too. I am just going to take it a lot slower than normally do. I gave them a little cereal last night but I just want to try it a few times before we go for their 4mos well check so if there is an issue we can discuss at that time and I won't have to go back later on.