Easter dinner. What ya having?!

Discussion in 'General' started by megkc03, Mar 28, 2015.

1. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Easter has always been MIL's holiday. It's the one holiday I didn't take from her lol. However, she hurt her hip and is in pain...and my SIL could go any day with her first baby. And if she's still pregnant by easter weekend, MIL will be a mess with this meal and planning(she will be at the hospital for the birth).

So! What are you having?!? We put on big dinners usually...but it's always the same...pork, beef, turkey. I know ham usually seems to be a staple...

So what's on your menu? Main meal, sides, etc etc!

2. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

We will be on vacation for Easter so I'm not sure what we'll have (if we'll go out to eat or make something at the condo).  Our traditional Easter family dinner usually involves a spiral ham and a leg of lamb (my dad insists!).  Sides are potatoes, veggies like asparagus or green beans, easter bread, and salad.  Sometimes my mom also makes a lasagna (just because- representing her italian side).  

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My husband HATES and I mean HATES ham.  It drives my mother crazy that we do not have ham for New Years Day or Easter, but we don't.  Some Easters he makes ribs but this year, we got a free turkey breast from our grocery store as a part of rewards program so we will be having that and for a sides...I am sure yet-probably corn on the cob and I might make butternut squash mac and cheese.  We will have to decide this week.  I am making a vanilla cake with chocolate frosting.

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Ham, mashed potatoes, homemade Mac n cheese, green beans, and mint chocolate chip cake.

5. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

I do brunch so an egg casserole, potatoes, pancakes, and maybe lasagna....

6. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Chocolate rabbits and hard boiled eggs?

3 people like this.
  7. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

My husband and I don't do a traditional Easter dinner, he doesn't eat ham.  But back when my mom and grandmother cooked Easter dinner, we had: ham (not spiral cut), green bean casserole, candied yams, broccoli, more ham, mashed potatoes and my grandmother always made an angel food cake with coconut in the icing and jelly beans on it to look like Easter eggs.  She dyed the coconut green too to look like grass.

8. mama_dragon

mama_dragon Well-Known Member

It is just me and the twins for Easter.  Just like last year.  If the weather is nice we will do a picnic and hiking again.  So no big fancy dinners at our house.

9. pretty girl

pretty girl Well-Known Member

food? Idk. We used to do turkey and all kinds of things but since my grandpa died we don't. It'll just be me and SO this year (unless the twins decide that its a good time to show up) so we'll probably be boring and not do anything

10. LisaGoeke

LisaGoeke Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We usually have my parents over as well as a few other family members over; however, my dad is not mobile anymore so this was the first year ever we didn't do anything. I did bake a carrot cake to take to their house then all the kids were hungry after we got there so our Easter Dinner was McDonald's! At least I didn't have to cook, clean house, and I didn't have a mess to clean up afterwards!