eggs

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by newtothis, Apr 9, 2010.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

i tried egg yolk with my LOs as a finger food and it was a failure, lol. they could barely pick it up.
    some suggested adding it to oatmeal, etc.

my pedi said anything the kids havnet had yet, they can now have at 10 months. should i try an entire egg? do you just scramble them for the kids?

2. dowlinal

dowlinal Well-Known Member

My boys didn't like egg yolk alone. There is a recipe on wholesomebabyfood.com for an oatmeal scramble with yolks only and they didn't seem to like that either. About a month ago, I just gave them a regular scrambled egg and they loved it. Some people wait quite a bit for egg whites, but we don't have any family history of food allergies and they have been eating table food for quite a while now with no issues.

BTW - One of their favorite breakfasts now is toast fingers and scrambled eggs w/ diced fruit on the side.

3. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

We tried egg yolks at that age and my kids did not like them. At about 12 months we tried whole eggs, scrambled. They like those pretty well.

4. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

You can make french toast from the egg yolks, a bit of milk, & a bit of vanilla. My kids always loved french toast & it's easy for them to pick up.

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I would make scrambled egg yolks with milk and cheese for my two and they loved it. Also agree with the french toast sticks. I started giving them the whole egg at 12 months.

6. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

mm....french toast sounds yummy!

7. Jess76

Jess76 Member

At 10 months I gave them the whole egg. I scrabble them and add cheese. they love it.. Eggs were one food I was nervous about (family history off egg allergy) I think they will either be allergic or not. I scrambled an egg and just watched them closely after. they were fine and I got to stop worrying about it. I was such a relief! and a great source of protien.

8. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I started eggs with the boys/Annabella at around nine months. I never did just whites/yolks. It was the whole thing. LOL! I've always done scrambled eggs with cheese. My boys now also love hard boiled egg as well.

I'll have to try the french toast!

9. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have always used the whole egg too, no history of allergies. I scramble it with cheese and milk. Now I fry them sometimes, they have a hit/miss relationship with eggs. Some days they love them, some they hate them! :lol:

10. JenKik

JenKik Well-Known Member

Yep, big fans of scrambled eggs with cheese here! I think they were about 9 months old when they had their first bite of them and has ate them ever since!