Elevated BP

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by aquickworld, Dec 1, 2010.

1. aquickworld

aquickworld Well-Known Member

Had my OB appointment yesterday and everyting was going fine until the took my BP. When the re checked it after the appointment it was even higher so I was sent over to L&D for the NST and labs and to monitor it for a few hrs. It never really went down and I was realesed n bedrest and am doing a 24hr urine. I am trying to stay calm, which is not easy for me! I go back to the OB tomorrow and am praying that it has lowered and I will not have to stay on bedrest.

2. lizzbeech

lizzbeech Guest

Aw, so sorry to hear that! I really hope it goes down so you can enjoy the holiday season and not have to be on bedrest. But of course, whatever is best for momma and babies!
    ((hugs)) and FX for good news tmrw!

3. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hoping your appt. goes well tomorrow!! Take care girl!! :hug:

4. Adding 2 more!

Adding 2 more! Well-Known Member

Awwww girl! I hope that things improve....take it easy and Ill keep you in mythoughts!

5. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

Good luck, Hope it goes down, keep us posted.

6. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm sorry to hear that. Here's hoping for good news. :hug:

7. christy.fisher

christy.fisher Well-Known Member

My bed rest started at 30 weeks exactly, too, but I was admitted to the hospital for pre-term labor. The way I look at it is that you've made it all the way to 30 weeks before having issues! I know it is super scary and I had a hard time with it but I know now that it is doable and you will survive it!

I made it to 36 weeks 4 days before real labor hit again. Hopefully some other posters will have high BP experiences to share with you. I just wanted to encourage you a little that bed rest is completely doable and extremely beneficial for your babies. It stinks but you will get through it!

8. lizzbeech

lizzbeech Guest

How did things go today? Any update? Hope all is well....!!!