Embryo Transfer done

Discussion in 'General' started by Twinrific, Jun 3, 2011.

1. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

younghouselove.com
    apartmenttherapy.com
    pinterest.com
    facebook.com

Brenda, I promise you won't come up for air once you start on any/all of those! ;)

1 person likes this.
  2. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

http://www.cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

http://damnyouautocorrect.com/

http://jezebel.com/

1 person likes this.
  3. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

I just had to say: this forum made me smile. You all are so amazing to Brenda! I know she appreciates it but I also just wanted to say thank you. (and I agree, Brenda you're amazing, no HPT test, and all the positive sticky thoughts I can possible send!)

I'll see you Thursday and at least try to occupy you for a few hours

2 people like this.
  4. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Step away from pee sticks. Add me to the evil club!!! If it's negative-you don't want to believe it and still hold out hope. And if it's positive, you won't believe it. I can't tell you how many pictures I took of the hpt with Annabella and posted them online for people to tell me if they saw a line or not! :lol: Evil suckers should be outlawed!

As for websites... I don't go to many. However, my sister writes a blog about our grandmother(and other family things). I'll give her credit-it's pretty funny. I will post the link from the first one and you can read up to now. And plus, it would be a big ego boost for her to have another possible reader. Not that she needs it! ;)

I will have to come up with some more wasteful websites...

Meredith's Blog

ETA: Ok, so it went right to the current post. But you can go over to the side and scroll down to March(2). That's where her first posts were.

1 person likes this.
  5. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hyperbole & A Half

Read the "Best Of" on the right hand side - I promise, you'll pee yourself, not on a stick! :p

1 person likes this.
  6. ECUBitzy

Yes!! Hyperbole and a Half! Brenda, you have to read her. She's my blogland crush.

1 person likes this.
  7. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Brenda, I'm reading and cheering you on, too. :)

Someone here mentioned Damn You, Autocorrect. I checked it out and it is as funny as Hyperbole and a Half (which I highly recommend as well!)

1 person likes this.
  8. Twinrific

Twinrific Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Aww you guys are truly the best :wub:

Heather I have no hpt's in the house so I just need to avoid pharmacies and shops for the next week and a half :lol:

Stephanie I love the DIY blog, busy checking out the other links!

Leighann Damn you auto correct is an old favourite, It's made me laugh in some seriously down times, just love it!

Meaghan I read the first 2 entries and it seems so sweet (and funny) I loved my granny so looking forward to reading the rest!

Rachel I'm also an old fan of hyperbole and a half, I've read every single post. Just love it! It's just sad that she doesn't update that regularly. There's a South African blogger that I've recently stumbled upon that also does the self drawing thing (but not in paint, she's a graphic designer) and some of it is about SA but most isn't. I'm enjoying it, think she might also reach great status soon: private joke

Thank you, your concern and truly caring msg's mean the world to me! I'll try and honour it by not poas! :p

9. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Sending all my *~*sticky vibes*~* and *~*babydust*~* :wub:

1 person likes this.
  10. lovelylily

lovelylily Well-Known Member

If you have to pee, at least wait until 11dpt so it can have a chance of being accurate :) When I was waiting for my results, I played a lot of mindless games on the internet. It's amazing how much time you can waste playing games!

1 person likes this.
  11. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I researched all baby products and created my wish list during my 2ww. I figured, if it was positive, I had a head start. If negative, then dammit I had a great 2 weeks reveling in babyhood! Worked for me!

2 people like this.
  12. Leighann

OMG! I know the links were for Brenda, but I've wasted an amazing amount of time on Hyperbole and a half today! She is freakin hysterical (I am relate to her a little too much :blush: ).

1 person likes this.
  13. Twinrific

Thanks for all the suggestions ladies. I've been busy all day doing basically um mindless cr@p :lol: But it's been fun. 1 more day down, 8 more to go... and I haven't bought an hpt! Avoiding shops like the plague.

Leighann the first time I came across her blog I read every single entry. She's brilliant.

Did any of you like the private joke blog? Curious what non-South Africans will think of it (yet again it's not all SA related but some of it is) Oh and there's foul language so if that isn't your thing, don't read ;)

14. ECUBitzy

It's very funny! I love the illustrations. And I'm so jealous of people like her and Hyperbole and a Half who can find funny social commentary in every day life. I wish I was so witty.

1 person likes this.
  15. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Congrats! I'm rooting for you!

1 person likes this.
  16. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

I am no help because when we did our IUI and I had to trigger, I POAS every day until I could verify it was out of my system...I bought a bunch of cheap dip tests then once I had NO lines I waited 3 days and started peeing again - and lo and behold I had lines again!!!

so I will cheer you on to not POAS but understand if you cave to temptation LOL!!!

2 people like this.
  17. Twinrific

Me too Stephanie, I don't know how they do it!

lol yeah that sounds about like me with all my IUI and timed cycles (except for getting 2 lines again), I stopped doing it to myself with the first IVF but I'm seriously tempted again... So far I've managed to stay away from the shops though.

18. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

As if the infertility roller coaster were not enough, the 2ww is pure torture!!!! I am impressed with your will power!!! I drove myself NUTS and spent a fortune on pregnancy tests.

1 person likes this.
  19. AmynTony

yea...2005 was a banner year for First Response and Answer Early ROFL!!!

1 person likes this.
  20. Twinrific

Officially halfway through! Even Andre is starting to ask me if I'm going to poas [​IMG] :lol:

21. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed, Brenda!!! 1 week to go!! :banana:

1 person likes this.
  22. Leighann

You doing great girl!!!

1 person likes this.
  23. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

LOL!!!!! They did pretty good this year too!!!!

24. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hang in there, Brenda! :hug:

1 person likes this.
  25. Twinrific

Having a hard day today. So irritated with myself. I have that heavy, yucky feeling you get before AF arrives so I've convinced myself it's over. Some days I'm really so sick of this sh!t. Sorry for the negativity ladies. I'm working on it...

26. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Most women will tell you they were never so sure their period was coming as when they were pregnant. The symptoms are similar. Try to stay positive!

5 people like this.
  27. AmynTony

I had the worst cramps and spotted and thought it was over too...turned out it was implantation cramping/spotting! :hug: Take some time for yourself today - go get a mani/pedi sleep in and take it easy!

1 person likes this.
  28. Twinrific

Thank you Rachael and Amy! I've heard that before as well. I certainly hope it's the case but the thing is it's very subtle, just the usual dull uncomfortableness that I get before AF, nothing exceptionally strong. Ugh I don't know what we're going to do if it's a bfn again! I think it's just the 2ww crazies coming in at full force and the hormones that usually make me so emotional. I'll feel better again soon, thanks for giving me venting space! :hug:

29. Leighann

Vent away. :hug:

1 person likes this.
  30. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Try not to worry too much (I can't imagine how hard that is right now), Brenda, and remember that many of the symptoms that occur before AF arrives also occur when you are pregnant. Try not to read too much into it & relax as much as you can. :hug:

1 person likes this.
  31. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hang in there Brenda! The first trimester for me feels like 12 weeks of PMS. I don't get any nausea or anything like that - just what feels like raging PMS. Fingers crossed for you!

1 person likes this.
  32. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I was sure that I was having my period when I had my positive test with the twins too. Hang in there, Brenda. You've only got a few days to go until you know for sure!

1 person likes this.
  33. lovelylily

lovelylily Well-Known Member

The feeling of achy heaviness was the most comforting sign of pregnancy for me. It never really went away the whole pregnancy. It's hard because on the one hand you want to prepare yourself for possible loss, but there's plenty of time for that. Just know that AF symptoms are almost identical to pregnancy symptoms. Stay strong!!! :hug:

1 person likes this.
  34. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Same like the other ladies, my af symptoms were there but it wasn't af. :hug: :hug: Don't give up hope just yet, my friend. :hug: Thinking of you... and checked in on you from Florida. :friends:

1 person likes this.
  35. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had cramping with all of the transfers. The cramping I most remember is the one on Valentine's Day, 2007. I got my first bfp shortly after. Hang in there!!!!

1 person likes this.