Embryo Transfer done

Discussion in 'General' started by Twinrific, Jun 3, 2011.

1. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

I am no help because when we did our IUI and I had to trigger, I POAS every day until I could verify it was out of my system...I bought a bunch of cheap dip tests then once I had NO lines I waited 3 days and started peeing again - and lo and behold I had lines again!!!

so I will cheer you on to not POAS but understand if you cave to temptation LOL!!!

2 people like this.
  2. Twinrific

Twinrific Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Me too Stephanie, I don't know how they do it!

lol yeah that sounds about like me with all my IUI and timed cycles (except for getting 2 lines again), I stopped doing it to myself with the first IVF but I'm seriously tempted again... So far I've managed to stay away from the shops though.

3. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

As if the infertility roller coaster were not enough, the 2ww is pure torture!!!! I am impressed with your will power!!! I drove myself NUTS and spent a fortune on pregnancy tests.

1 person likes this.
  4. AmynTony

yea...2005 was a banner year for First Response and Answer Early ROFL!!!

1 person likes this.
  5. Twinrific

Officially halfway through! Even Andre is starting to ask me if I'm going to poas [​IMG] :lol:

6. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed, Brenda!!! 1 week to go!! :banana:

1 person likes this.
  7. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

You doing great girl!!!

1 person likes this.
  8. Heathermomof5

LOL!!!!! They did pretty good this year too!!!!

9. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hang in there, Brenda! :hug:

1 person likes this.
  10. Twinrific

Having a hard day today. So irritated with myself. I have that heavy, yucky feeling you get before AF arrives so I've convinced myself it's over. Some days I'm really so sick of this sh!t. Sorry for the negativity ladies. I'm working on it...

11. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Most women will tell you they were never so sure their period was coming as when they were pregnant. The symptoms are similar. Try to stay positive!

5 people like this.
  12. AmynTony

I had the worst cramps and spotted and thought it was over too...turned out it was implantation cramping/spotting! :hug: Take some time for yourself today - go get a mani/pedi sleep in and take it easy!

1 person likes this.
  13. Twinrific

Thank you Rachael and Amy! I've heard that before as well. I certainly hope it's the case but the thing is it's very subtle, just the usual dull uncomfortableness that I get before AF, nothing exceptionally strong. Ugh I don't know what we're going to do if it's a bfn again! I think it's just the 2ww crazies coming in at full force and the hormones that usually make me so emotional. I'll feel better again soon, thanks for giving me venting space! :hug:

14. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Vent away. :hug:

1 person likes this.
  15. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Try not to worry too much (I can't imagine how hard that is right now), Brenda, and remember that many of the symptoms that occur before AF arrives also occur when you are pregnant. Try not to read too much into it & relax as much as you can. :hug:

1 person likes this.
  16. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hang in there Brenda! The first trimester for me feels like 12 weeks of PMS. I don't get any nausea or anything like that - just what feels like raging PMS. Fingers crossed for you!

1 person likes this.
  17. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I was sure that I was having my period when I had my positive test with the twins too. Hang in there, Brenda. You've only got a few days to go until you know for sure!

1 person likes this.
  18. lovelylily

lovelylily Well-Known Member

The feeling of achy heaviness was the most comforting sign of pregnancy for me. It never really went away the whole pregnancy. It's hard because on the one hand you want to prepare yourself for possible loss, but there's plenty of time for that. Just know that AF symptoms are almost identical to pregnancy symptoms. Stay strong!!! :hug:

1 person likes this.
  19. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Same like the other ladies, my af symptoms were there but it wasn't af. :hug: :hug: Don't give up hope just yet, my friend. :hug: Thinking of you... and checked in on you from Florida. :friends:

1 person likes this.
  20. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had cramping with all of the transfers. The cramping I most remember is the one on Valentine's Day, 2007. I got my first bfp shortly after. Hang in there!!!!

1 person likes this.
  21. Heathermomof5

Oh my goodness!! Never be sorry!!! Anyone that has ever been through the 2ww has felt the same way!! We are here to listen!!! I too felt heavy and like AF was going to start throughout at least the first trimester each time. I drove myself CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY running to the bathroom checking for AF for like he first 16 weeks this time, it was so bad that I did not leave the house very often. The emotions you are feeling are normal, the 2ww sucks.

1 person likes this.
  22. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

I spent 2 weeks running to the bathroom every hour thinking that my period had started - finally I took an HPT and found out I was pregnant with my oldest son! :)

Hang in there, Brenda! :hug:

1 person likes this.
  23. Twinrific

Thank you ladies, the AF-like feelings are getting very strong so now I'm petrified and hopeful all at once, lol, this is really going to drive me insane! :faint:

24. starmaker

starmaker Well-Known Member

Oh Brenda hang in there! I cannot imagine how hard this must be for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you that these feelings are not caused by AF but by pregnancy! :hug: Hopefully time will pass quickly and you will have an anwer soon as to what the cause of these symptoms is! :hug:

1 person likes this.
  25. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: Brenda! Hang tough!

1 person likes this.