Emotions!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by emp59, Sep 25, 2009.

1. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

I still feel completely hormonal! I thought the crazy was supposed to go away! Does it ever?

2. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I think I was still pretty hormonal at that point. I think the lack of sleep effects your emotions too, but it may be worth a call to your OB/GYN to make sure it's not something more serious.

3. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It does get better but it takes quite awhile. I remember it taking longer after my twin pregnancy than the singleton ones. I guess because hormone levels are higher to begin with so they take longer to go back to normal? :pardon: Megan's right, too, lack of sleep sure doesn't help! :hug:

4. jnholman

jnholman Well-Known Member

At 5 months post pardum, I wanted to divorce my husband, for why....Being himself. These hormones are crazy! And they are getting better, but it is hard. I am trying not get so crazy.

I have been told a full year!

Jenn

5. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: I think it took at least 3 months for my hormones to get back to normal.

6. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Yes, I was still way hormonal at 2 months. I too would call your OB to be on the safe side. :hug:

7. tiff12080

tiff12080 Well-Known Member

I was hormonal, but I also had ppd, so I don't know how much was normal and how much was my ppd :cry: , Never hurts to call the doc and check.

8. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

For me it did take a few months (3-4 maybe?) before I really started feeling like myself again. Actually the biggest help was when my boys started STTN at 4 months. ;) Like a pp mentioned, the combination of hormones and sleep deprivation can really throw you for a loop!

9. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies! My boyfriend deployed to Iraq 2 weeks ago and I am struggling to get through all my online coursework. I think its all just overwhelming!!!

10. carlylafont

carlylafont Well-Known Member

Wait: you just had twins, your going to school, breastfeeding and your boyfriend was deployed? I would be more than a little stressed. You are amazing- that is a lot on your plate! Keep up the good work and like the pp's say, contact your doctor just in case.