End-of-the-year teacher gift ideas

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by SC, May 17, 2013.

1. SC

SC Well-Known Member

Hi everybody. Does anyone have any fun, unique, and maybe homemade teacher gift ideas? My boys are 3 and attend nursery school 2 mornings/week. We really liked their teacher and both aides. I'd love to make/buy something meaningful, but inexpensive to give them. We'll also make cards. Thanks.

PS. For Xmas we painted them flower pots that say "thank you for helping us grow."

2. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

I'd check pinterest. We homeschool, so it's not an issue. But I know I've seen some super cute ideas for teacher gifts come through the feed on there.

3. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Baked goods of some sort? Mini cookies in a mason jar, with a corresponding fabric on top?

4. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

5.00 gift card to Subway, Starbucks, Dairy Queen, etc. with a homemade card and a nice message inside.

1 person likes this.
  5. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Here is a neat idea on Pinterest.

You buy a plate and then write something meaningful on it. Bake it and gift it. :) I've made an apple dip and put it in a half-pint mason jar with an apple on top in a cellophane bag. This year, because of all the support we've been given, I have 31 (brand) bags with lots of goodies inside such as hot chocolate packets, nice card & notecards - among other things. Do what you can afford. A nice note probably goes a LONG ways!

6. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

You did the flowerpots already so this may not work, but every year I buy a simple flower pot and plant two or three herbs in it. Usually oregano, parsley and sometimes bay leaves. If I have time I'll paint my childs's name on the side and the year/grade, but if not, I just tie a bow onto the pot. I've had compliments on it a few times. I love cooking with fresh herbs myself so I figure it's cute, not too corny or cliche, and useful all at once ;)

7. SC

SC Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. I ended up finding small handmade flower boxes at a local free trade store. I bought 3 and we made thank you cards to put inside them that say "Like the flower on this box you helped us grow. For all that we have learned we thank you so."
    One reason for the flower pots at Xmas and the flower boxes now is because their nursery school has the word "Garden" in it and their tag line is "Come and grow with us."
    I am also writing cards from my husband and I.