Even though your Twinkies walk or crawl

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Saramcc, May 7, 2008.

1. Saramcc

Saramcc Well-Known Member

Do they still like to snuggle with you? that's what I'm going to miss about this stage is that they love to cuddle, I mean it's not like they have anywhere to go. They can't crawl or walk so they cuddle me me :D

2. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

YES!! Dont worry they still love to cuddle but it is on their terms not yours. I love that mine will walk over to me and sit in my lap. Or they will come over to me when I am sitting on the floor and put their head on my shoulder. It is priceless.

3. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

What Rachel said! They went thru a period of fierce independence when they didn't want to stop for a minute, but now that the 'thrill' of walking has worn off, they do sit in my lap and cuddle, or come up and give hugs, or (this is new!) Ana will look at me from across the room and kiss... its too cute! But like Rachel said, its on their terms.

4. Saramcc

Saramcc Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Leighann @ May 7 2008, 11:36 AM) [snapback]761024[/snapback]
    What Rachel said! They went thru a period of fierce independence when they didn't want to stop for a minute, but now that the 'thrill' of walking has worn off, they do sit in my lap and cuddle, or come up and give hugs, or (this is new!) Ana will look at me from across the room and kiss... its too cute! But like Rachel said, its on their terms.

Oh melt my heart, that is so sweet! :D

5. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Ditto both of the above. My girls are very good snugglers!! Especially at night during our bedtime routine. They each take turns have a few minutes of snuggle time with mama! :wub:

6. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

It only gets better, if you can imagine that! Now I feel like they are doing it because they want to not because I'm making them. :blush: Plus, it is the most amazing thing to have them run to you from across the room and all for a great big bear hug and big sloppy kiss! :wub:

7. serranoboys

serranoboys Well-Known Member

It's actually better for me now. Braxton creeps/crawls over to me and gives me the biggest hugs now. He crawls to me during story time and leans his head on my shoulder and cheek as I read. And Caleb gives a big open-mouth kiss whenever you ask him too or make a smooching sound. Don't worry, they get even sweeter than they are now!

8. belinda07

belinda07 Well-Known Member

My twins are just a few weeks older than yours but I cant wait until they can lift their arms to be picked up. :)

9. Zabeta

Zabeta Well-Known Member

QUOTE(TwinLove @ May 7 2008, 06:54 PM) [snapback]761074[/snapback]
    It only gets better, if you can imagine that! Now I feel like they are doing it because they want to not because I'm making them. :blush: Plus, it is the most amazing thing to have them run to you from across the room and all for a great big bear hug and big sloppy kiss! :wub:

Ditto this. I LOVE it when they crawl over and climb up for a hug! They're not running to me, yet, but crawling over is also very flattering.

10. traci.finley

traci.finley Well-Known Member

QUOTE(belinda07 @ May 7 2008, 07:39 PM) [snapback]761597[/snapback]
    My twins are just a few weeks older than yours but I cant wait until they can lift their arms to be picked up. :)

Oh, that is one of my favorite things that my girls do. I go to pick them up and say "up" and they lift their arms. They will reach out to me if someone else is holding them if they want me ... it is so cute! One will snuggle a lot ... the other will only snuggle if Baby E is on!