Evenflo Triumph Carseat Recall

Discussion in 'General' started by debid, Oct 4, 2007.

1. debid

debid Well-Known Member

Recall notice

If anyone else has these seats, I just got this notice via Target. I find it interesting that even though I registered the seats when I got them, I haven't yet been notified by Evenflo but Target was all over it.

2. nanhancan

nanhancan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the notice. I think I have 3! Ugh.

3. NatalieK

NatalieK Well-Known Member

I also have 3! :(

4. NatalieK

NatalieK Well-Known Member

Okay I just read the recall and it says the safety of the seat is not a problem, just that the child can reach a piece of the foam and potentially break it off and choke on it.

5. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

I have 2. My boys love pulling that part back and picking at the foam. I hope I don't have to jump through hoops to get a fixing kit.

ETA- Looks like i am going to have to pull the carseat out. Not a fun thing to do!

6. debid

debid Well-Known Member

I've already registered for the repair kit. It didn't require much information but you do need the model number and manufacture date from the back of the seat which will be a pain if the seats are installed forward facing. The smart mommy that I was before they were born wrote this information on the owner's manual and put it in the glove box :clapping:

7. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

QUOTE(debid @ Oct 4 2007, 08:47 AM) [snapback]435393[/snapback]
    I've already registered for the repair kit. It didn't require much information but you do need the model number and manufacture date from the back of the seat which will be a pain if the seats are installed forward facing. The smart mommy that I was before they were born wrote this information on the owner's manual and put it in the glove box :clapping:

That was a smart mommy thing to do. I will have to wait until tomorrow if my DH goes out of town tonight. I can't get them reinstalled like he can so I don't want to take it out, unless I know he will be here tonight. This is one recall i am going to be all over, as this has been annoying us for 2 yrs now.

8. blessedby2

blessedby2 Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting!! I didn't know this and I think this might effect us.

9. bethanne

bethanne Well-Known Member

Thanks! We also have 2 of them. I wish I were a smart mommy :( . Instead I'm off to pull them out and get the full #. I'm positive that these are the ones we have because mine have been flinging foam for quite a while now <_< )

10. Babytimes2

Babytimes2 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! I just sold the two Triumphs we had last week!

11. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'll have to check ours. They are in my MIL's car now, but the kids love to play with the styrofoam!