Excessive Amniotic Fluid

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by almost5feettall, Dec 23, 2008.

1. almost5feettall

almost5feettall Active Member

My Perinatologist told me today that I have more amniotic fluid than I should. He is not concerned at this time but wants to watch it closely and wants me to be tested for GD. I'm a bit nervous but comforted by the fact that my cervix is still 4cm long. They are happy about that twin. I'm 23weeks 5days along and due 4/16/2009.

Anyone had similar experiences?

2. Ebick4d

Ebick4d Member

I don't have excessive fluid with this pregnancy, but I did with my first. I delivered my son at 41 weeks and he weighed almost 9 pounds, so no issues with early delivery. He came out perfectly healthy. I was very big with him and uncomfortable, but all turned out fine. I also did not have GD. Good luck with your pregnancy, I'm sure you'll do great.

3. momof5

momof5 Well-Known Member

My twins had Twin to Twin Transfusion so one of my babies did have excess fluid. At 28 weeks I had to have 9 lbs of fluid drained. It was pretty bad but I went on to have healthy baby girls at 35 weeks. Good luck!

4. NicoleMarieLG

NicoleMarieLG Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh... this place is amazing! I logged on yesterday to ask this same question! Yesterday they told me Twin B had too much fluid and we needed to watch it :shok:

5. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

No advice for you, but I'm glad you are being watched closely. :hug: