Excessive burping in four year old dd

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Ilovemybabies, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Ilovemybabies

Ilovemybabies Well-Known Member

Hello all. Okay...my kiddos have had that nasty cough, stuffy nose, etc for quite a while and yesterday my daughter started running a fever. Off to urgent care we went. I noticed a couple days ago that she was burping A LOT!! I mean crazy loud burping...not normal for her. I know it is not the antibiotic because she just started that yesterday. Has anyone else had this happen to their kiddos? I just want to make sure it is nothing serious. She has been on cough syrup for a little while but that is about it. She does not drink carbonated beverages....any input is so appreciated!!

2. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

DD gets terrible reflux from Motrin and/or antibiotics when we have to keep medicating her on an empty stomach - I actually have to give her Maalox with it to prevent the heartburn

3. Ilovemybabies

Ilovemybabies Well-Known Member

QUOTE(AmynTony @ Jan 6 2009, 01:20 AM) [snapback]1134523[/snapback]
    DD gets terrible reflux from Motrin and/or antibiotics when we have to keep medicating her on an empty stomach - I actually have to give her Maalox with it to prevent the heartburn

Thanks for the info. She has been taking Motrin for her fever but will not eat! I was just worried it was something more. Thanks again!

4. Sue1968

Sue1968 Well-Known Member

Is it possible that her congestion and coughing is just causing her to swallow a lot of air? My boys have that problem (although I wouldn't call their burping excessive) when they are sick because they are breathing through their mouths and coughing and swallowing a lot. Extra air gets mixed with everything else and swallowed. I hope her congestion and the un-lady-like burping clears up very soon.