Excessive Thirst, Peeing and Heightened Senses?

Discussion in 'General' started by medicinemansgirl, Mar 10, 2008.

1. medicinemansgirl

medicinemansgirl Well-Known Member

Ok.....that looks really stupid when I type it out. Of course if you have excessive thirst you are going to pee excessively. LOL! Anyway....I thought of posting this on the pregnant after twins board but most have only had their twins and are pregnant again. With everybody on here and their numerous different pregnancies I figured this was the place to go.....and you know I love y'all! LOL! But anyway.....I have never dealt with this in any pregnancy before and thought it was werid. I had excessive ice cravings when I was pregnant with Gavin and just thought it was due to being right in the middle of summer and 101 heat here. I later learned intense ice cravings mean you're iron def. So, if that's true what does excessive thirst, peeing and super sensitivity mean....besides the fact you're thirsty, moving it all through and you have m/s. LOL! I seriously have peed no less than 6 times in the middle of the night for the last 3 nights. Need to whoa up on the water I suppose. And then not only have my sense of smell and taste been put on acute mode but even touch and hearing. My eyesight tends to be a bit more blurry but that happens almost every pregnancy. I think due to all of the increased fliud volume, which would make sense due to the amount of water I am drinking. So have any of y'all ever dealt with being super sensitive to noises and touch too while pregnant? Everything is LOUD...almost to the point where it hurts my ears and it's like your skin tingles when I'm touched. It's just plain weird. So....I can honestly say this is a new side of pregnancy for me. You'd think after 7 you'd pretty much have it all down and know what to expect. But....if excessive ice cravings mean anemia what does an excessive water need mean? Would that mean I'm already anemic too. I started on all of my prenatal vitamins and started back on iron just in case....since I am always severely anemic in every pregnancy. I figured I'd go ahead and try to get it up before it got too low but it may already be there. Ugh! I tried doing a search for it on the web but didn't even know what key words to put in. I just put "excessive thirst in 1st trimester" but nothing notable came up.

So anyway...there's my question for the day. Have y'all ever dealt with this? And what in the world causes it......besides just being thirsty????? LOL!

2. ihavesevensons

ihavesevensons Well-Known Member

gestational diabetes................get tested!!!!!!

3. medicinemansgirl

QUOTE(ihavesevensons @ Mar 10 2008, 02:57 PM) [snapback]661387[/snapback]
    gestational diabetes................get tested!!!!!!

I hadn't thought of that. But can GD start as early as only 4 wks pregnant???? My + test was exactly 1 wk ago today. The only thing I was able to come up with for the senses thing was a high level of HCG but that didn't really help any either since you obviously have a high level of HCG while pregnant. It mentioned both thirst and senses in there but related it to HCG levels. They didn't specify what high was either and normal levels can vary so much that even if I knew what mine are I'm not sure just how much that would help. Amazingly...GD wasn't one ofthe search results....maybe because I specified 1st trimester? I don't know. It really is just weird. I wasn't planning on calling my mw until around 10 or so wks to make my 1st appt around 12....since she typically doesn't see anybody til wk 12 anyway. When I put in my conception date trying to figure out how far along I am and what is going on it said I am just now 4 wks pregnant. I am not overweight so I don't think it would be type 2 diabetes. My 9 yr old nephew was diagnosed with type 1 when he was 4 so the whole family learned to recognize the signs of diabetes. Excessive thirst was one of them. Can you get type 2 without being overweight or gestational as early as 4 wks pregnant? I don't know. I'm kind of at a loss here. Ugh!

4. annelily2000

annelily2000 Well-Known Member

I had acute hearing while pg. I was constantly telling DH to turn the tv down. Everything was s o loud. I did have gd, but I don't know if the 2 connect or not.

5. ihavesevensons

ihavesevensons Well-Known Member

it might not be GESTATIONAL diabetes, but plain ole diabetes too..............that can happen whenever!

I had gestational diabetes with my 5th pregnancy and not with any before or after that (I am pregnant for the 7th time right now).

it might not be GESTATIONAL diabetes, but plain ole diabetes too..............that can happen whenever!

I had gestational diabetes with my 5th pregnancy and not with any before or after that (I am pregnant for the 7th time right now).

6. allgood2000

allgood2000 Well-Known Member

It's a long shot, but my oldest son has a disease called Diabetes Insepidus. It's a water diabetes in which you drink excessive amounts and pee excessive amounts. When he isn't medicated he will pee 32 oz.+ at one time. People with this also drink gallons and gallons of water and never feel satiated. It might be worth a check of your sodium level to make sure it's not too high or too low.

7. mommyto8

mommyto8 Well-Known Member

Well.. I am pregnant with twins right now..but in my last pregnancy I can remember being thirsty none stop.. and there fore peeing none stop as well. I always have acute senses in early pregnancy..smell being the worst of it. but it usually goes away or eases up sometime in the first trimester.

I have never had GD in fact am the opposite. So it may not be GD.. or Diabetes.. but rather just an early sign of pregnancy..

8. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Those are normal pg symptoms for me. I go through sooo much water when pg bc I can't get enough. I tried gatorade thinking it would quench my thirst better but it didn't really work. And I always peed a million times a night from the get go, I almost didn't need to take a test bc that was my for sure sign. Maybe its a girl and you are just so used to the boys pg!!

9. HealysBakersDozen

HealysBakersDozen Well-Known Member

For me, thirst and peeing tons were always my first pg signs! Your blood volume increases even in early pg and your metabolism is high. Perhaps, like others said, you are expecting a girl? BTW: With my girl pg's my boobs got a lot bigger than with the boys, lol. :lol:
    Good luck!

10. medicinemansgirl

QUOTE(HealysBakersDozen @ Mar 11 2008, 09:20 PM) [snapback]664044[/snapback]
    For me, thirst and peeing tons were always my first pg signs! Your blood volume increases even in early pg and your metabolism is high. Perhaps, like others said, you are expecting a girl? BTW: With my girl pg's my boobs got a lot bigger than with the boys, lol. :lol:
    Good luck!

I think that's gotta be what this is, just early pregnancy stuff....just something I've never paid attention to before. I like the girl idea though!! Must be all the great amounts of exrta estrogen pumping through your veins while growing a girl....thus enhancing the boob factor all the more. LOL! I'm actually not feeling really sick or anything...except for the whole sense overload thing. But no puking, no extreme fatigue, no excessive hunger so I'm thinking probably another single little boy. My boy pregnancies seem to be sooooo easy. I just never really get sick with any of them. And the fact this has been so easy.....except for the peeing and drinking thing, which is just annoying but that's about it......leads me to believe I am almost 100% sure it's yet another single boy. If it is I will just laugh. Dh will be in disbelief that we have now managed to have 5 boys in a row. LOL! So my bets are on 1 boy. I feel too good for it to be anything else. LOL! But if peeing and drinking mean it's a girl then I'll suffer through. LOL!