Expecting Twins and scared to death!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Cali Mom, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Cali Mom

Cali Mom Member

Hi Ya'll,

I'm new to the board. Dragged here by my good friend, missmomoftwins02. :) I just found out that I'm expecting twins. We had the US on Wed. and there they were. I'm about 9 weeks along but the twins are measuring in at closer to 7 weeks so we're not sure what my due date is yet. I already have a 7,6, and 3 year old.. so, as you can imagine I'm a bit overwhelmed... and I'm going to find the makers of Depo Provera and give them a very stern talking too!

Anyway, any advice, help, comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

2. missmomoftwins02

missmomoftwins02 Well-Known Member

YEAH you made it!! Have fun getting addicted to TS! And Congrats again!!

3. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

:sign0016: to TS, I am glad you came to join us! Finding out you are preggo with twins is very overwhelming. I remember how scared I was when I found out. I was also on BC when I got pregnant, so pretty much we weren't trying for 1 and found out we were having 2! Having twins is very special, and once they are here you will not be able to imagine your life any different. Congratulations on your Twin Pregnancy!!

4. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

I was scared until i just wanted them to come out!!!!! Having 2 is fun! You can do it!!!

Congrats and welcome!

~Ashley
    Fellow Cali TS Mommie

5. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

The only good thing about being for so long is that it gives you time to get used to the idea of TWO of them! Congratulations! Looking forward to getting to know you! I have met Christa before--she's a good friend to have!

Reyna

6. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Congratulations and :sign0016: to twinstuff! x

7. dizzyhay+2

dizzyhay+2 Well-Known Member

So odd i was just telling my sister yesterday about people who get pregnant on the depo shot. Some girl was telling her that she didnt have to worry about getting pregnant bc she was on it. Ima print this out and have her take it to her and prove she can!

Congratulations!!!! I have two sets of twins and the feeling both times of finding out i was having twins was quite overwhelming. A little more so the second time around, knowing they would be so close in age. But twins are truly a blessing!

Hope you enjoy it here!

8. 4kidsmomexpectingtwins

4kidsmomexpectingtwins Well-Known Member

:sign0016: and congratulations! I have 4 children at home, so I can totally relate. My DH and I were expecting 1 and got 2! It was a shock, but once the shock wore off, I love the idea! I am sure you will too. You will get so much great advice here on TS. Glad you joined. :wavey:

9. mommyto8

mommyto8 Well-Known Member

Scared right there with you. I look forward to getting to know you though as we go through these next several months together. Double Congrats to you!

10. Tracy O

Tracy O Well-Known Member

Hi
    Welcome :) You will find the ladies here amazing and they have advice to any question you may have or if you just need a hug. There are ups and downs but way more ups with twins. Keep us updated and remember we are here for you and your twinkies BIG HUGS T

11. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Welcome and Congrats on your twins! :Clap:
    I'm sure you are feeling very overwhelmed, and with twins it is alot of work...but you are already a great mom to three kiddos, you will be fine! Plus, there are so many joys that comes from having twins, you are going to love it.

QUOTE(Cali Mom @ Feb 1 2008, 12:18 AM) [snapback]600040[/snapback]
    and I'm going to find the makers of Depo Provera and give them a very stern talking too!

:rotflmbo: that is great!

12. cheriek

cheriek Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Cali Mom @ Feb 1 2008, 12:18 AM) [snapback]600040[/snapback]
    Hi Ya'll,

I'm new to the board. Dragged here by my good friend, missmomoftwins02. :) I just found out that I'm expecting twins. We had the US on Wed. and there they were. I'm about 9 weeks along but the twins are measuring in at closer to 7 weeks so we're not sure what my due date is yet. I already have a 7,6, and 3 year old.. so, as you can imagine I'm a bit overwhelmed... and I'm going to find the makers of Depo Provera and give them a very stern talking too!

Anyway, any advice, help, comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Welcome and congrats! thats the reason my hubby has his Vscectomy all ready for Arpil :rotflmbo: well have 4 kids under 5!

13. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations and welcome to Twinstuff!

14. mrsriney00

mrsriney00 Well-Known Member

I was right there with you! I was so scared and overwhelmed for the first 4 months.

And now for the last couple of months it has been getting better. We are excited but still a bit overwhelmed on how we are going to do it all!! We have two other children as well so it will be interesting to see how we can juggle it all. But I know it will all work out, we have no other choice!

Now at this point we couldn't imagine not having twins coming along.

It will get better!! Just take lots of deep breaths and eat some ice cream!!

15. Twins08

Twins08 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

I just found out about 4 weeks ago. It was quite a shocker, so I understand. I have my worries as this will be babies 5 and 6 for us! My youngest is only 17 months! I've actually warmed up to the thought of twins now though and am very excited. I know I can do this...thinking positive is always a good thing! :)

16. kenitha_c

kenitha_c Active Member

I feel your pain I to was on depo and after I got off I became pregnant. I was reading your post and thought it was my own. I also have a 7,6,and 3 year old and now I find out I'm expecting twin boys. All I have to say is good luck and remember to keep patience, welcome to the club...! :drinks:

17. 2B2G

2B2G Well-Known Member

Oh ((((HUGS))))) to you. I know how you feel! I was totally overwhelmed with the idea of twins. I just never thought it would happen to us. It wasn't until the last few weeks that I really got excited about it. Maybe getting past all the worrisome milestones helped. I don't know. But I did calm down. Give yourself some time. Everyone will be excited for YOU to be having twins. Just as long as it doesn't happen to them. LOL

18. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

:wavey: and :sign0016:

I too got the surprise pregnancy on b/c and when they wanted me to go in for a u/s at 5 weeks because my hormone level was that of 9 weeks… no your 5 weeks with identicals…. My son will be 10 when they are born… so life plan change… what are you gonna do…

Oh and I too am a Cali Mom (so cal)

Elizabeth

19. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

Congrats :) Wow, you got pregnant on Depo...that amazes me. For most women it makes it hard for them to conceive once they go off it. I think that is one of the factors that came into play with me taking forever.

Dianna

20. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your double blessings and welcome to TS!

21. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Congrats on your twins! We're glad to have you. I too got pregnant with the twins right after I had my Norplant removed (same hormone as Depo). Kinda makes you wonder. . .