Exploring and giving boy/girl baths together

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Crystal74, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Crystal74

Crystal74 Well-Known Member

When did you stop bathing your b/g twins together? I can't believe I'm already at this point, but last night during their bath, Mia started grabbing Matt's penis and saying "winky,winky" [​IMG] Ok, I laughed and said "no touching", which I shouldn't have done. It turned into a big game of Mia grabbing and both of them laughing hysterically. Then I was getting Mia's diaper on after the bath, she started grabbing her privates and saying "winky,winky"...... I'M SOOOOOOO NOT READY FOR ALL OF THIS!!!! [​IMG] They scream if I try to give them their baths seperate, so what do I do?

Crystal

2. Crystal74

Crystal74 Well-Known Member

When did you stop bathing your b/g twins together? I can't believe I'm already at this point, but last night during their bath, Mia started grabbing Matt's penis and saying "winky,winky" [​IMG] Ok, I laughed and said "no touching", which I shouldn't have done. It turned into a big game of Mia grabbing and both of them laughing hysterically. Then I was getting Mia's diaper on after the bath, she started grabbing her privates and saying "winky,winky"...... I'M SOOOOOOO NOT READY FOR ALL OF THIS!!!! [​IMG] They scream if I try to give them their baths seperate, so what do I do?

Crystal

3. AKD

AKD Well-Known Member

My Kids did this for a while, but eventually just stopped noticing. Although they do still stand up in the bath and grab them selves, which I discourage or tell them they need to do it in private. As far as touching, I tell them they are absolutley not allowed to touch each other and nobody's allowed to touch them. That is what my doctor said to remind them constantly. The Dr. also said they can take baths together until they're 5 or so, as long as they understand things like boundaries and privacy.

4. MommyMelissa

MommyMelissa Well-Known Member

I still give mine baths together. Of course, we've had to deal with that too, but they tend to leave each other alone now. They are just told to leave each other alone or they have to take a bath by themselves and they don't like that idea. So, we will take a bath together maybe one more year, I am just going to play it by ear.

5. Tracy623

Tracy623 Well-Known Member

We went throught that phase too a while back. I just explained that those are Alex's private parts and we don't touch eachtohers' privates. I did have to stick my legs in the tub and physically seperate them for a while. That worked for us.
    I now bathe them seperately anyway because they are TOO wild in the tub and water ends up everywhere.

Good luck!
    Tracy

6. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Alison has noticed Martin's "parts and pieces" and once tried to touch, but I told her "Don't touch, that's Martin's" and continue everytime it seems about to happen, but really she doesn't really do that anymore and it seems like the interest will go away....

7. Cheesecake

Cheesecake Well-Known Member

The more of an issue you make of it the more they are interested. We all still shower/walk around naked in front of each other. That includes my 10 yr old DD. She doesn't think twice about seeing me or daddy naked and it works the other way around. I think when they don't want to see each other naked anymore OR they don't want to be seen naked they'll let you know. My girl twin occasionally gives a yank and my boy looks puzzled at her wondering where her penis went lol!

8. HeyThere

HeyThere Well-Known Member

That only happened once with us.. I just told them that whats theirs is theirs and not to touch the other persons parts, ever. Now they dont even notice.