Extra amniotic fluid?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by scrappycindy, Jan 12, 2012.

1. scrappycindy

scrappycindy Well-Known Member

I've been taking monthly belly photos, and for fun, I compared this pregnancy (where the 7 wk u/s said one baby) with my twin pregnancy. I'm bigger this time at 13 weeks. All my family questioned my due date when we saw them over Chrismtas. I just had my 12 wk ob appt, and we heard the heart beat with the doplar (150bpm) but he didn't measure my uterus. I've had several friends wonder if I have too much fluid. Is this something I should call my Dr. about, or should I mention it at my next appt at 16 wks? My ob did mention that I was showing pretty significantly, but he said that this is my second pregnancy and my first one was twins, so I got stretched out faster and further than usual. He wasn't worried at all...

2. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

You show WAY faster with your second pregnancy then your first. I wouldn't worry. At this stage of the game there is lots of bloating that makes you look "fluffY' it will probably go down some as you progress or stop growing so much until baby catches up. I wouldn't worry about extra fluid until they do a scan and confirm it for you.

3. scrappycindy

Ok... thanks!

4. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree. I felt bigger with Emmett than I did with the girls. Very normal. Also there's no point in measuring fundal height till about 20 weeks gestation as its inaccurate prior to that.

5. scrappycindy

Well, that's good to know about fundal height!

6. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

Have you had an ultrasound to confirm just one this time?

7. scrappycindy

Yes, I had an U/S at 7 weeks and it showed only one. Although, my first U/S at 6 wks with the girls showed one too. He wanted me back at 8 wks to "see everything bigger." I will always wonder if he suspected twins, and maybe the heartbeats were on top of each other. So, then at 8 weeks, we clearly saw two. I've only had the one U/S this time. So, we'll see!

8. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

Oh wow, well that would be interesting if there were two again! But yes, I always showed more in subsequent pregnancies.