Fairly dumb question :)

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by 3under2!, Apr 19, 2012.

1. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

Hey everyone. I can't figure this out and I figure, what better place to ask than here :)

I got a brand new DSNG as a gift. I CANNOT figure out how to move around the bars that adjust for the carseats. It looks like they are held in by a screw, washer and nut, but I've tried every plausible looking tool in our toolbox and still cannot figure out how to get the screws out. Help, anybody??

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I didn't have a DSNG, so I can't help you. Are the screws star shaped (Hex)?? Are they four pointed squarish (torque)? Are you sure that's the part you're supposed to move? Have you called the company?

3. 3under2!

It's normal screws, then a hex shaped nut. I should call the company that's a good idea lol.

4. twodads

twodads Member

We have a DSNG and I can't remember exactly how I moved those bars, but I think you need pliers to hold the nut on one end and a screw driver to unscrew on the other end. If you don't use the pliers, you'll just keep turning and turning and nothing will come out. Hope this helps. :D

PS. I'm a teacher and I always tell my students that NO question is a dumb question. :)

5. 3under2!

THanks TwoDads, I got someone to help me and that's what he did too. (my DH has severe tool issues lol).