Fake crying driving me nuts!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Jennie-OH, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Jennie-OH

Jennie-OH Well-Known Member

Does anyone else's toddler do this?! Casey has decided that whining and crying get her whatever she wants (or at least SHE thinks so!). So, anytime she doesn't get her way, she breaks out this really fake cry with this contorted face. It might be funny if it wasn't so darned often!! aaaaaaaAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrGGGGGGGGGGGGGGhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

2. mamaslilbears

mamaslilbears Well-Known Member

Trust me, I feel your pain and am right there with you!

3. tulip1981

tulip1981 Well-Known Member

When Connor is sick and wants me (mostly when I'm holding Caleb) he does this "Waaa waaa" fake cry. It is so brazingly fake it's funny!

I feel your pain though, when they're sick I can put up with it, but if they always do it I don't think I could take it!

4. Kittie

Kittie Member

My DD crys this fake cry when she isn't getting what she wants. I used to give in, but now I have been ignoring her when she does it. She is doing it less and less.

5. threebecamefive

threebecamefive Well-Known Member

I would try to flat out ignore it. Try it for a week or so. Don't even acknowledge that you hear it. When she sees that it is getting her absolutely no-where, she should stop. I used to say things like, "Please stop", but even that was giving her attention. It wasn't until I completely ignored the negative behavior that it ended. Good luck! I know it can drive you batty!

6. hudsonfour

hudsonfour Well-Known Member

Oh gosh I know what you mean! Both of my girls will do this, and it drives me batty. I try to ignore it and sometimes even stick them in timeout when it continues for too long.
    Sue

7. JenniferJ

JenniferJ Member

Oh yes, we deal with that here as well. I ignoreit too, and that usually nips it in the bud. ONe of my girls does it more then the other...it can be very frustrating!

8. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

Same thing here...VERY irritating!

9. crazybabies

crazybabies Well-Known Member

Oh the drama!!!! My dd is the Queen of the fake cry..... she even buries her head in her arm for effect!
    She also likes to put the fake cry into play when one of her brother's isn't playing by her rules.

10. Mommy2ATeam

Mommy2ATeam Well-Known Member

Mine do that a lot now. Alexis moreso than Alana. They typically do it when they're getting tired but it can be SO irritating! What's funny to me is when they fake cry and act like it's the end of the world and then get distracted and it turns right off. [​IMG]