Fake HOM mothers

Discussion in 'General' started by louise davies, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

There are different types of fakers. Kids thinking it would be funny to pretend, people looking for attention, scammers who want something (money/product), mentally ill people and what I sometimes think is the majority here, people who want to post here but think they won't be accepted if they aren't a parent of some sort of multiples or a multiple themselves. Twinstuff is a great site that anyone is allowed to post on. Some of our long time members and great contributers don't have a close relationship with multiples but for some reason hit on Twinstuff and stayed because we are a great community thats not going to say "you can't be here" (and there are groups like that out there)

2. Br00klineBabe

Br00klineBabe Well-Known Member

What is she talking about a ball of gel? where did she gett his stuff. This story gave me a really good giggle. It really is freaky what some peopel do in their free time. Obviously this person has no idea what childbrith is really like.

3. bigmama

bigmama Well-Known Member

QUOTE(4lilmonkeys @ Jul 11 2007, 11:59 PM) [snapback]327307[/snapback]
    I have to wonder if these people really know how many they hurt by their lies. Not too long ago, there was a woman (on another board...a Christian SAHM board, no less) who basically faked her pregnancy and other aspects of her life to get people to feel sorry for her. The only way they discovered it was because she used a stock ultrasound photo from some Saudi Arabian doctor's website. She wore the same size clothing I did, so I sent her boxes and boxes of stuff because I wanted to be nice. It's really hurtful to find out someone has tricked you like that.

What an awful thing to do! Faking a singleton pregnancy is enough...but multiples?! Who has time for that!

I'm so sorry you got burned.

4. bigmama

QUOTE(missmomoftwins @ Jul 12 2007, 10:31 AM) [snapback]327756[/snapback]
    Oh, does anyone remember the gal that claimed that she had her twin girls on February 30?? Yah I was :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: when I read taht one too. I tried to search for it, but couldn't find it in Google...

Doesn't Feb 30th only come around like every 700years or something? :rotflmbo:

5. bigmama

QUOTE(HealysBakersDozen @ Jul 11 2007, 08:55 PM) [snapback]327012[/snapback]
    I agree wholly with you two. Having been the victim of being called a "troll" because of the size of my family and having three sets (of twins), I resent the REAL trolls for making up fantastic stories to give us big families/families of higher order multiples/families of multiple multiples a bad name. Usually, they get caught up in their lies though because they don't know enough about the medical aspects or the history of recorded multiples births or even the first successful fertility treatments, etc....

The wilder stories are sometimes true. IVF was first done on humans in the 1930's, very secretively because it was outside prevaling medical ethics and mores. People are pretty private about their reproductivity.

6. BGTwins97

BGTwins97 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(becky5 @ Jul 12 2007, 09:04 AM) [snapback]327521[/snapback]
    Oh my!! :rotflmbo:
    Some are very, very obvious like that one(to most anyway!), but some are a little more sly.

That one turned out to be a bored high school girl from Australia on summer break (it was March). She had created a couple of other personae as well. She was also into the exotic-name-game.

7. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

QUOTE(bigmama @ Jul 12 2007, 06:42 PM) [snapback]328519[/snapback]
    The wilder stories are sometimes true. IVF was first done on humans in the 1930's, very secretively because it was outside prevaling medical ethics and mores. People are pretty private about their reproductivity.

I think you need to substantiate this claim.

As far as I understand it it was also outside the realm of medical and scientific knowledge of the time -- that not until then did they start experimenting with rabbits. Are you saying that this entire article, for example, is fraudulent: http://www.reproduction-online.org/cgi/con...tract/124/2/181 ?? Or this one: http://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/conte...tract/21/7/1645 ??

8. HealysBakersDozen

HealysBakersDozen Well-Known Member

QUOTE(bigmama @ Jul 12 2007, 06:42 PM) [snapback]328519[/snapback]

So, Bigmama, why don't you make your amazing story public (other than on a message board)? I mean, I'd be fascinated to see your story on the Discovery Health Channel or in the news. Quints in 1985 through IVF while already being pregnant with a baby who was the survivor of vanishing twin. Also the mother of spontaneous triplets and twins. Now this has to go into the guinness book of world records, so many amazing circumstances involving mega multiple reproduction. BTW: Did the "catholic hospital" they were born in in 1985 keep their birth a secret because they wanted to starve them to death?
    Don't you want justice for those murder attempts now?

9. BounceTigger

BounceTigger Well-Known Member

QUOTE(bigmama @ Jul 12 2007, 10:42 PM) [snapback]328519[/snapback]

I heard about that! They had monkeys do the procedures, right? And since they had to be so secretive, it was done on Mars. Or was it Neptune?

10. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

Let's keep this within the TOS please.

11. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

12. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Erykah @ Jul 13 2007, 11:45 AM) [snapback]329431[/snapback]
    BigMamma is right. IVF attempts began in 1934 by an Endocrinologist/Biologist named Pincus who successful produced two rabbits.

Sorry, but the assertion in question was: "IVF was first done on humans in the 1930's, very secretively..."

If this is indeed the truth my guess is that history would have found it out by now. This would be very very big news. Do you remember what a big deal it was in 1978?? I do. It was like the biggest story since men landed on the moon for sure.

13. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

And didn't they also just make a big deal out of how old the first "test tube" baby was, I believe she just turned 18 not too long ago...or am I off?

14. missmomoftwins02

missmomoftwins02 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(4jsinPA @ Jul 13 2007, 11:24 AM) [snapback]329607[/snapback]
    And didn't they also just make a big deal out of how old the first "test tube" baby was, I believe she just turned 18 not too long ago...or am I off?

Nope...she is 28 and just got married. That must be the news you remember hearing abt her.

15. HealysBakersDozen

HealysBakersDozen Well-Known Member

16. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(4jsinPA @ Jul 13 2007, 11:24 AM)

Nope...she is 28 and just got married. That must be the news you remember hearing abt her.

Oh that must have been it...I knew there was something in people magazine!! Thanks!

17. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

I just have to say ladies...thanks for the chuckle... I have gotten such a good laugh out of the posts in the last few day!! So there is a side-benefit to fakers out there....the humor element.. I'm really very serious. I think the best thing would be if a few of them just finally came out and said, "okay, okay... I'm sorry...but I am totally making this up.. thought I'd get a good laugh and create some good entertainment..." I for one, would totally respect that..and appreciate the humor side of things...and hey, if they are really so fascinated in multiples, and are willing to tell us their real story, regardless of whether or not it involves multiples of any kind, I think most of us would be willing to forgive and welcome them to stay.... (perhaps with a bit of future caution towards them...but hey that's the risk you run if you like to pull jokes...)

18. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

We actually have members (don't know the #) whose only connection with multiples is a fascination with them.

19. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Susanna+3 @ Jul 13 2007, 12:59 PM) [snapback]329666[/snapback]
    I just have to say ladies...thanks for the chuckle... I have gotten such a good laugh out of the posts in the last few day!! So there is a side-benefit to fakers out there....the humor element.. I'm really very serious. I think the best thing would be if a few of them just finally came out and said, "okay, okay... I'm sorry...but I am totally making this up.. thought I'd get a good laugh and create some good entertainment..." I for one, would totally respect that..and appreciate the humor side of things...and hey, if they are really so fascinated in multiples, and are willing to tell us their real story, regardless of whether or not it involves multiples of any kind, I think most of us would be willing to forgive and welcome them to stay.... (perhaps with a bit of future caution towards them...but hey that's the risk you run if you like to pull jokes...)

Yeah, no kidding. I didn't really think about it at all until I read this thread, but now I think about the half a million people who have said to me "I wish I could have twins" or "I've always wanted twins" and I guess I can understand. But, I was able to read quite a bit of this forum before becoming a member (don't worry, it only took me like five minutes to decide to join). So, not that I'm advocating lurking, but it's sure a heck of a lot better than creating an account and lying.

20. TwinMama6

TwinMama6 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for those who have been hurt by fakers but it does crack me up when people can't even keep their own FAKE stories straight(not enuf time between PG's ,etc....!) LMBO!!!

21. TwinMama6

TwinMama6 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(BGTwins97 @ Jul 13 2007, 02:03 AM) [snapback]328802[/snapback]
    That one turned out to be a bored high school girl from Australia on summer break (it was March). She had created a couple of other personae as well. She was also into the exotic-name-game.

Summer in Australia is Dec/Jan/Feb but still pretty hot in March too I guess...we moved here in April of 2002 and still needed A/C then! LOL!

22. BGTwins97

BGTwins97 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(TwinMama6 @ Jul 14 2007, 03:46 AM) [snapback]330505[/snapback]
    Summer in Australia is Dec/Jan/Feb but still pretty hot in March too I guess...we moved here in April of 2002 and still needed A/C then! LOL!

I still have the e-mail exchange I had with the admin when the girl was finally busted (she confessed), and my discussion with the admin happened March 24th and 25th. I don't know when she had initially signed up; I wasn't following the whole thing until after the babies had been born.

23. Kendra

People who only posts about what names they should use and suggest names and never (or rarly) post in other fourms are another red flag. I remember one girl who was asking for name suggestions for over a year. When asked about it she said she'd had her babies (didn't say names or any birth info) and was now asking for a friend.

24. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

February 30 occurs in some calendars, unlike the Gregorian calendar, where February contains only 28 or 29 days.

Taken from: Feb. 30th

25. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

QUOTE(marieber @ Jul 13 2007, 12:27 PM) [snapback]329508[/snapback]
    Sorry, but the assertion in question was: "IVF was first done on humans in the 1930's, very secretively..."

If this is indeed the truth my guess is that history would have found it out by now. This would be very very big news. Do you remember what a big deal it was in 1978?? I do. It was like the biggest story since men landed on the moon for sure.

Oops I just read IVF "attempts". And the first test tube baby is 7 days older than me lol.. she'll be 29 on the 25th of July.

26. twinstuff-old

twinstuff-old Well-Known Member

One last comment on the history of IVF. This week's New York Times Magazine has a well-researched cover story on the use of donor eggs for in vitro fertilization. According to that story:

"The world's first donor-egg-conceived child was born in Long Beach, California in 1984 - just six years after the debut of Louise Brown, the original test-tube baby, in Britain, and three years after Elizabeth Carr, wh was America's first. The early recipients were women in their 20s and 30s who had gone into premature menpause or whose ovaries had been surgically removed...Back then, doctors extracted women's eggs surgically under general anestesia. The risks of infection, organ damage and even death from the procedure may have been justifiable for an infertile woman going through I.V.F. but not for a donor."

27. TTTSMiracleMom

TTTSMiracleMom Well-Known Member

QUOTE(TwinMama6 @ Jul 14 2007, 02:43 AM) [snapback]330504[/snapback]
    I'm sorry for those who have been hurt by fakers but it does crack me up when people can't even keep their own FAKE stories straight(not enuf time between PG's ,etc....!) LMBO!!!

My twins are only 8 months younger than my 3rd singleton so it's not TOTALLY impossible. LOL :) I've been called out as a faker before -- the big difference is I'm not afraid of sharing my personal information, pictures, doctor information, etc. and would be thrilled if somebody did a story on my boys so that the miracle of their survival would give hope to others (I wouldn't even care if they used their names or not, it's their story that is important). I personally love the ones who have the extreme pregnancies (quints, sextuplets) that they "go to great lengths to keep them out of the press" yet brag about them on these multiples boards where their story doesn't require proof as it would in the newspaper. It is ironic that their stories are always beyond amazing. Nobody who conceived quintuplets by "normal" means (i.e., IVF where all babies were conceived at the same time, fertility meds, etc) finds it necessary to hide their birth. Only those who have some virtually IMPOSSIBLE conception, followed by a virtually impossible pregnancy, then virtually impossible birth are able to keep it quiet in the real world. It seems if they had a real miracle story to share, they would be sharing it openly to try to give hope to others in the real world, not waiting until my kids are 25 years old to share the news that may give hope to others. Most of us know the difference between improbable and impossible -- and would never call someone out on a story that could even remotely be true. Many of us have insane stories that sound like they could be made up -- but usually those who post fake stories don't know enough to prove or even explain the discrepancies. BTW: have you ever noticed they rarely post their names, give personal information, or provide pictures without being asked, and when they respond to our posts, it is usually with an even BIGGER story to try to cover up their lies and often comes with really stupid advice no MOM would ever give?

28. Sister Ray

Sister Ray Member

The one asking for recipes was bestmommy1985, and she claimed to have 5 sets of twins, a bunch of singletons, and pregnant with triplets. The nursing 11 mom was mykids, but I think she was only on the Triplet Connection.

29. TTTSMiracleMom

TTTSMiracleMom Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Susanna+3 @ Jul 13 2007, 12:59 PM) [snapback]329666[/snapback]

So, Susanna, you want to hear about my decoduplets? I delivered them at 15-1/2 weeks, they stayed in the NICU for 10 days until they were strong enough to eat on their own and never needed ventilators. All ELEVEN of them survived but they were pretty upset when I got pregnant with my identical octuplets (4 boys and 5 girls) -- they were born at 21 weeks weighing 8 lbs. 3 oz. each (I did mention they were identical, right?) They roomed in with me after their vaginal birth (it was exhausting because it took me like 15 days to deliver them and I was in so much pain I couldn't sleep the whole time -- I didn't want an epidural because it was safer for the babies) and I was able to exclusively breastfeed them all until they were 5. My breasts were HUGE! They were walking by the time they are 5 months old and could sing "God Bless America" (on key even!) before their due date! It was a really big secret and of course, I went to great lengths to keep them out of the newspapers -- because I only wanted you guys on this message board to know about it. Oh, and before you call me out as a faker, I am TOTALLY telling the truth! Give me some time and I will send you pictures (aka: I need time to find them online or to doctor them so that I get a picture of 20 kids in one shot because you know decoduplets + octuplets = 20, right?) Me and my boyfriend are planning on trying again (as soon as we graduate from high school) -- we're praying for 15 this time!!! We don't have to worry about money because with this many kids, welfare gives us plenty of live on. Of course, we could have gotten a lot of free stuff, but since it was such a big secret and all.............

30. Kendra

In my collection of twins and multiples items I have a Weekly World News issue with conjoined quintuplets on the cover. 3 girls, 2 boys. I had to buy it.

31. missmomoftwins02

QUOTE(Kendra @ Jul 17 2007, 09:05 AM) [snapback]334296[/snapback]
    In my collection of twins and multiples items I have a Weekly World News issue with conjoined quintuplets on the cover. 3 girls, 2 boys. I had to buy it.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That is hilarious! You HAVE to scan it and show it to us!!!!!

32. Kendra

Can't find it. It may be at my parents. It came out at least 10 year ago. Lots of references to it online but no pictures.

33. missmomoftwins02

Oh DARN!! Well if you find it, please show!!

34. Susanna+3

QUOTE(TTTSMiracleMom @ Jul 17 2007, 02:43 PM) [snapback]334251[/snapback]
    So, Susanna, you want to hear about my decoduplets? I delivered them at 15-1/2 weeks, they stayed in the NICU for 10 days until they were strong enough to eat on their own and never needed ventilators. All ELEVEN of them survived but they were pretty upset when I got pregnant with my identical octuplets (4 boys and 5 girls) -- they were born at 21 weeks weighing 8 lbs. 3 oz. each (I did mention they were identical, right?) They roomed in with me after their vaginal birth (it was exhausting because it took me like 15 days to deliver them and I was in so much pain I couldn't sleep the whole time -- I didn't want an epidural because it was safer for the babies) and I was able to exclusively breastfeed them all until they were 5. My breasts were HUGE! They were walking by the time they are 5 months old and could sing "God Bless America" (on key even!) before their due date! It was a really big secret and of course, I went to great lengths to keep them out of the newspapers -- because I only wanted you guys on this message board to know about it. Oh, and before you call me out as a faker, I am TOTALLY telling the truth! Give me some time and I will send you pictures (aka: I need time to find them online or to doctor them so that I get a picture of 20 kids in one shot because you know decoduplets + octuplets = 20, right?) Me and my boyfriend are planning on trying again (as soon as we graduate from high school) -- we're praying for 15 this time!!! We don't have to worry about money because with this many kids, welfare gives us plenty of live on. Of course, we could have gotten a lot of free stuff, but since it was such a big secret and all.............

I was cracking up when I read this... wow, ttsmiraclemom.. you should be on Oprah!!! I bet all of your kids are in modelling too right?... and you and your bf model too right??...b/c after your pgs you were back in your size 4 jeans within 4 weeks right???... or was it size 2??

I really want to see the picture of the conjoined g/b quints too!!

35. Susanna+3

Here's an idea...maybe we ought to start a forum here just to collect all these fake stories...it could serve a dual purpose...#1 for entertainment and laughs... and #2 to clue in gullible folks that they should be careful about on-line individuals...and #3 we could welcome all our fake HOM to come out of the closet on this forum...to fess up..then they'd have their own little special place here on twinstuff and wouldn't feel the need to fake their way in... They could be a REAL faker!! :laughing: