Fake HOM mothers

Discussion in 'General' started by louise davies, Jul 11, 2007.

1. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

:lol:
    Surely Oprah would buy y'all a couple of cars with that story Brook. But, of course...I'm sure you're keeping them out of the limelight, because hey...who wants free stuff from Oprah, right? :lol:

2. TTTSMiracleMom

TTTSMiracleMom Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Susanna+3 @ Jul 17 2007, 10:11 PM) [snapback]335490[/snapback]
    I was cracking up when I read this... wow, ttsmiraclemom.. you should be on Oprah!!! I bet all of your kids are in modelling too right?... and you and your bf model too right??...b/c after your pgs you were back in your size 4 jeans within 4 weeks right???... or was it size 2??

I really want to see the picture of the conjoined g/b quints too!!

Well, I was only a size 6 when I delivered the decoduplets, was back in a size 0 as soon as I stood up from the operating table to walk back to my room when they were just a few minutes old. (Did I mention I had a c-section with the decoduplets because my midwife who did the section told me all 11 of the babies were footling breech?) The weight literally dropped off!!! And I didn't get any twin skin OR stretch marks! I think it's genetic because my boyfriends mom didn't get them when she delivered him and his 5 brothers (they're septuplets -- there's 6 of them) 15 years ago.

Yeah, my 20 kids all want to see the pictures of the conjoined g/b quints, too. They think it is hilarious that somebody would make up such a far fetched story! Isn't it amazing what some people will lie about???

QUOTE(4lilmonkeys)
    Surely Oprah would buy y'all a couple of cars with that story Brook. But, of course...I'm sure you're keeping them out of the limelight, because hey...who wants free stuff from Oprah, right?

I've been trying to get on Oprah so we can discuss my upcoming best-selling novel about a girl witch -- Oprah says it's MUCH better than Harry Potter, but she said her studio isn't big enough for all of us. :( But she is going to let us go to her favorite things episode in November -- my boyfriend, me and my 20 children are going to get all the cool stuff for free. Oprah and I are great friends -- she's been consulting with me on all of her parenting shows. Of course, she's not going to say anything about us since my family is still a big secret and we're still going to great lengths to keep it out of the press. So please, please don't mention this to the newspapers. Only you guys here (and Oprah) are allowed to know!!

3. bigmama

bigmama Well-Known Member

QUOTE(HealysBakersDozen @ Jul 13 2007, 09:54 AM) [snapback]329339[/snapback]
    So, Bigmama, why don't you make your amazing story public (other than on a message board)? I mean, I'd be fascinated to see your story on the Discovery Health Channel or in the news. Quints in 1985 through IVF while already being pregnant with a baby who was the survivor of vanishing twin. Also the mother of spontaneous triplets and twins. Now this has to go into the guinness book of world records, so many amazing circumstances involving mega multiple reproduction. BTW: Did the "catholic hospital" they were born in in 1985 keep their birth a secret because they wanted to starve them to death?
    Don't you want justice for those murder attempts now?

I wimped out and only read part of the new posts because I knew I was going to get chewed pretty good. I'll answer more individually later. (1)There were only 2 at that hospital, 5 babies total, as i said before we chose an apt in walking distance from 3 hospitals, two of them with NICUs. Ben stayed with me and we split the others up, twins aren't news. (2) I guess you're right. When someone tries to kill your children, even 25 years ago one should speak up. Maybe that's why we're in such a mess now--people not speaking up. I did go to the courts and the police at the time. (3) It all just seems pretty overwhelming right now, and there are other issues I am dealing with. I should go public soon because I have to to let people know what I've learned over the years about getting multiples here safely, and with such difficult and unusual pregnancies, I feel our family is a living witness that each life is precious and put here by God, there is no other explanation why we all survived, but I AM positively dreading going forward. I was the kid who always sat in the back of the class and maybe only spoke up once a year. I really really don't want my kids faces all over the news, (let alone their bottoms-ask me about THAT sometime--little devils! mooning the camera!--they like to be photographed about as much as I do! ). We already come under so much scrutiny. A typical day in my life can include scraping three of my children off our (reinforced) chandelier. Oh, and mind you they did this as I was walking in the door with a caseworker subsequent to the last time our nephew tried to fly (don't ask, please!). They're adrenaline junkies. This was 5 minutes unsupervised. If nothing else, I'm afraid of losing custody! So far what's saved us is no one else can handle them! LOL All joking aside, we also do fostercare, so somebody must think we're good parents, though some days I don't think so. They used to send us kids like ours from all over the country for respite care to just keep their parents out of the local mental ward! LOL No criticism of the Duggars and people like them. You do have to make your children mind, but they shouldn't seem robotic. Siobhan, you've only got 13, come and visit us someday!!! (evil laugh) Our kids are the best argument for evolution I've ever met. They're part monkey! (I'm a Creationist) I could send you home feeling that your bunch is a vacation! But it would be such a mean thing to do to such a nice lady!! LOL Seriously--In general mine are not ill behaved but they give babysitters heart failure! Heck they give ME heart failure! Also, as I recall, I sent a photo to one of the moderators, perhaps not this site, shortly after it was in a junk magazine, and as near as we could tell not her fault either. The only thing that saved us from an unwanted media fiasco was that people did think it was a fake. You make your decisions, I'll make mine. Personally having my children all over the press scares the **** out of me. I admire your courage in going that route. I'm not sure I have the self confidence. I have degrees out the wazoo but most days I feel I'm not any good at anything but being a parent, somedays I feel wholly inadequate at that too. My confidence these days is about zero. Call me a wimp, but going public really scares me. For now I have to content myself mostly with communicating with Dr.s and hospitals about improving care for MOMs because they have to respect your privacy once you send your medical records, and strangely, with them, I don't usually have to send that kind of proof, I think our story has already circulated some since we've delivered our babies all over the country. It's a big decision, and I'm going to have to talk to my kids. It was foolish and perhaps selfish to wait all this long to go forward maybe even more foolish to speak of it here, but it's a big big decision. Our family is a whole lot less than perfect, why be just another media spectacle? I could just see the blasted headlines the first time one of our kids pulls some (everyday type) stunt publicly, and almost imagine word for word the hate mail. Did you know Bobby Mc Caughey even had some lunatic make death threats? I don't know. All things in due season. I'll have to think about it.

4. TTTSMiracleMom

QUOTE(bigmama @ Jul 18 2007, 05:34 AM) [snapback]335661[/snapback]
    I wimped out and only read part of the new posts because I knew I was going to get chewed pretty good. I'll answer more individually later. (1)There were only 2 at that hospital, 5 babies total, as i said before we chose an apt in walking distance from 3 hospitals, two of them with NICUs. Ben stayed with me and we split the others up, twins aren't news. (2) I guess you're right. When someone tries to kill your children, even 25 years ago one should speak up. Maybe that's why we're in such a mess now--people not speaking up. I did go to the courts and the police at the time. (3) It all just seems pretty overwhelming right now, and there are other issues I am dealing with. I should go public soon because I have to to let people know what I've learned over the years about getting multiples here safely, and with such difficult and unusual pregnancies, I feel our family is a living witness that each life is precious and put here by God, there is no other explanation why we all survived, but I AM positively dreading going forward. I was the kid who always sat in the back of the class and maybe only spoke up once a year. I really really don't want my kids faces all over the news, (let alone their bottoms-ask me about THAT sometime--little devils! mooning the camera!--they like to be photographed about as much as I do! ). We already come under so much scrutiny. A typical day in my life can include scraping three of my children off our (reinforced) chandelier. Oh, and mind you they did this as I was walking in the door with a caseworker subsequent to the last time our nephew tried to fly (don't ask, please!). They're adrenaline junkies. This was 5 minutes unsupervised. If nothing else, I'm afraid of losing custody! So far what's saved us is no one else can handle them! LOL All joking aside, we also do fostercare, so somebody must think we're good parents, though some days I don't think so. They used to send us kids like ours from all over the country for respite care to just keep their parents out of the local mental ward! LOL No criticism of the Duggars and people like them. You do have to make your children mind, but they shouldn't seem robotic. Siobhan, you've only got 13, come and visit us someday!!! (evil laugh) Our kids are the best argument for evolution I've ever met. They're part monkey! (I'm a Creationist) I could send you home feeling that your bunch is a vacation! But it would be such a mean thing to do to such a nice lady!! LOL Seriously--In general mine are not ill behaved but they give babysitters heart failure! Heck they give ME heart failure! Also, as I recall, I sent a photo to one of the moderators, perhaps not this site, shortly after it was in a junk magazine, and as near as we could tell not her fault either. The only thing that saved us from an unwanted media fiasco was that people did think it was a fake. You make your decisions, I'll make mine. Personally having my children all over the press scares the **** out of me. I admire your courage in going that route. I'm not sure I have the self confidence. I have degrees out the wazoo but most days I feel I'm not any good at anything but being a parent, somedays I feel wholly inadequate at that too. My confidence these days is about zero. Call me a wimp, but going public really scares me. For now I have to content myself mostly with communicating with Dr.s and hospitals about improving care for MOMs because they have to respect your privacy once you send your medical records, and strangely, with them, I don't usually have to send that kind of proof, I think our story has already circulated some since we've delivered our babies all over the country. It's a big decision, and I'm going to have to talk to my kids. It was foolish and perhaps selfish to wait all this long to go forward maybe even more foolish to speak of it here, but it's a big big decision. Our family is a whole lot less than perfect, why be just another media spectacle? I could just see the blasted headlines the first time one of our kids pulls some (everyday type) stunt publicly, and almost imagine word for word the hate mail. Did you know Bobby Mc Caughey even had some lunatic make death threats? I don't know. All things in due season. I'll have to think about it.

So does this mean you delivered 2 babies at one hospital, then walked to the other hospital to deliver the other 3? Did you have them vaginally, or did they sew you up so your uterus wouldn't fall out while you were walking over to the other hospital for the 2nd c-section? (By the way, are you aware that in NICU's they still idenitfy the babies as A, B, C, D & E, regardless of whether they are in the same hospital? I am aware -- I'm a NICU nurse.) And are you saying that you were worried about sharing your story because Bobby McCaughey had threats? Aren't her kids only 10 years old? And are you saying that you are SO awesome, people will actually FLY their kids from all over the country (or drive for days) to you for respite care, despite the fact that a CPS worker found your children unsupervised for 5 minutes swinging from a chandelier? Where I live that would NEVER happen; rather than adding kids to the mix, the kids already there would be GONE to foster care. Or maybe because you are such an awesome foster parent, when the kids are taken away from you for neglect they place them with you and you can get paid to actually supervise your children then? And, despite the fact that you delivered your children in different hospitals to avoid anyone knowing, you consult with doctors and hospitals across the nation about improving care for MOM's, but yet you recommend dangerous things like popping vitamins by the handful? Can I have a list of the doctors and hospitals you are consulting with? I want to consult, too. Especially since they don't require any proof nor any education! I'll be RICH!

5. TTTSMiracleMom

Just out of curiosity, are the degrees out the wazoo for Creative Writing?

6. RondaJo

RondaJo Well-Known Member

I want to say something.

This is not a place to be judging someone. Reading some of these things that have been said as personal attacks to someone that is not even me actually makes me not really want to come to TS anymore and I have been a devoted TS member since I found this site. It doesn't matter how believable or unbelievable someone's situation is you should NOT be saying mean and nasty things to them. Take it up with a mod if you have a problem.

I do have to admit some of the stories of the ones that are FOR SURE fakes are very entertaining, and Brook I think your 20 kids sound.....fun to say the least. :D But talking about and laughing about those are way different than personally attacking another member.

7. twinstuff-old

twinstuff-old Well-Known Member

A reminder about our terms of service is always a good idea. You can review what's allowed on our boards and what isn't by clicking the terms of service link ( http://twinstuff.invisionzone.com/forum/in...?act=boardrules ) at the top of any of our pages here on Twinstuff. Sarcasm is allowed. Inflammable comments directed towards other users are not. Anyone posting here in violation of our terms of service will be reminded by a board mod or administrator of our policies.

8. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(RondaJo @ Jul 18 2007, 02:41 PM) [snapback]335928[/snapback]
    I want to say something.

This is not a place to be judging someone. Reading some of these things that have been said as personal attacks to someone that is not even me actually makes me not really want to come to TS anymore and I have been a devoted TS member since I found this site. It doesn't matter how believable or unbelievable someone's situation is you should NOT be saying mean and nasty things to them. Take it up with a mod if you have a problem.

I do have to admit some of the stories of the ones that are FOR SURE fakes are very entertaining, and Brook I think your 20 kids sound.....fun to say the least. :D But talking about and laughing about those are way different than personally attacking another member.

I understand that, but when someone is blatantly lying, trying to drum up sympathy, support, kudos, congratulations, or whatever for these bizzare stories that they come up with, and post this stuff on a public forum, they are, frankly, asking for it. I understand it takes the better man and the high road to just be nice, but fakers disrupt the flow of a site like this and I believe in a way they mock it.

I think people like that should be banned from the site and not allowed to prattle on. Or their posts should just be ignored. A lot of times, any comments, good, bad, inflammatory, just serve to fuel their fire.

There was someone I thought was posting on here for the wrong reason, and I just notified a Mod instead of outright calling them out. I just hope it then gets taken care of. Seeing someone continue on with obviously fake stories can get very annoying.

9. becky5

becky5 Guest

I think the point here is that yes, it is wrong for someone to make false claims, and try to gain our support and sympathy(or whatever it is they are looking for), but it is also wrong to personally attack someone. BOTH are against the TOS. And honestly, the attention(positive or negative) is exactly what this type of person is looking for.

10. TTTSMiracleMom

QUOTE(RondaJo @ Jul 18 2007, 09:41 AM) [snapback]335928[/snapback]
    I want to say something.

RondaJo,
    I appreciate your input and I never meant to say mean or nasty things, nor do I feel I have attacked another member -- I have asked the questions that a lot of people here are thinking, albeit sarcastically. I never meant to make you uncomfortable!! I honestly don't think there has been any judgment -- I have made NO statements whatsoever that judge what any member here actually believes or has done, nor can I recall any of the other posters in this thread. If you knew my life, you would know I have NO right to judge (although I do admit I get a little carried away when it comes to safety issues for kids). I will be more cautious about my sarcasm in the future however. And I'm glad you liked my story -- though in all honesty I really only have 5 sons in real life, it sometimes feels more like 20 kids! :)

11. brianamurnion

brianamurnion Well-Known Member

I guess it is not right to belittle someone but I do feel that some people need to be "called out". I cant stand lieing in any form. And when a mother is asking for advice and someone starts spewing "medical" advice that makes no sense what so ever that can be dangerous. I do believe the original poster is smart enough not to take that advice though. Seriously I dont think anyone has gone "overboard".... yet. It may be getting close though. It is the "fakers" that are making me not want to come to this board anymore not the people calling "them" out!

12. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

I actually thought, all things considered, that people have been very nice around here toward certain posters. I haven't read a single post that I felt was nasty... I've seen them directed towards less questionable stories posted, but towards the exceptional stories we've read here lately, I've seen an amazing amount of forebearance and generosity. I'm only stunned by the continued boldness of certain posters...

Brook- I may be wrong, but I think maybe bigmama might have thought your story was serious!! I appreciated the humor though! I think your real-life story might have a better chance of making it to Oprah though! ;)

13. TTTSMiracleMom

QUOTE(Susanna+3 @ Jul 18 2007, 12:25 PM) [snapback]336233[/snapback]
    I actually thought, all things considered, that people have been very nice around here toward certain posters. I haven't read a single post that I felt was nasty... I've seen them directed towards less questionable stories posted, but towards the exceptional stories we've read here lately, I've seen an amazing amount of forebearance and generosity. I'm only stunned by the continued boldness of certain posters...

Brook- I may be wrong, but I think maybe bigmama might have thought your story was serious!! I appreciated the humor though! I think your real-life story might have a better chance of making it to Oprah though! ;)

:) I hope nobody took my story seriously. I made it as unrealistic as possible (I admit it, I was cracking myself up). I will admit having written to Oprah several times to request that she do a show on TTTS -- more babies are lost to this disease than SIDS and so many doctors are misinformed, she would do a great service to the public if she addressed this. I know about 10 other TTTS moms who are doing this (including one who has written monthly for 11 years), , but so far none of us has had a response. :(

14. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree that we shouldn't personally attack. I think we all just are blown away by this story and are just asking that somebody come forth and say its seriously not possible and nobody believes its true. Medically it just doesn't add up. I would LOVE to be proved wrong.
    There are a lot of amazing families out there, but this one tops the cake imo....well except for Brooke's story of course!

15. Jennifer Jean

Jennifer Jean Well-Known Member

QUOTE(HealysBakersDozen @ Jul 13 2007, 02:54 PM) [snapback]329339[/snapback]
    So, Bigmama, why don't you make your amazing story public (other than on a message board)? I mean, I'd be fascinated to see your story on the Discovery Health Channel or in the news. Quints in 1985 through IVF while already being pregnant with a baby who was the survivor of vanishing twin. Also the mother of spontaneous triplets and twins. Now this has to go into the guinness book of world records, so many amazing circumstances involving mega multiple reproduction. BTW: Did the "catholic hospital" they were born in in 1985 keep their birth a secret because they wanted to starve them to death?
    Don't you want justice for those murder attempts now?

Ok...I am sooo confused. I keep trying to find any info. about the starving quints with a remaining twin and spontaneous twins and trips and I cannot find the back story. Did I miss something? Also how can you do IVF when you are already pregnant and wouldn't that give you sextuplets since you have IVF quints and a remaining twin? Oooohhh, my brain is hurting... I must be missing something.....

16. brianamurnion

QUOTE(Jennifer Jean @ Jul 19 2007, 03:05 AM) [snapback]337115[/snapback]
    Ok...I am sooo confused. I keep trying to find any info. about the starving quints with a remaining twin and spontaneous twins and trips and I cannot find the back story. Did I miss something? Also how can you do IVF when you are already pregnant and wouldn't that give you sextuplets since you have IVF quints and a remaining twin? Oooohhh, my brain is hurting... I must be missing something.....

hehe... some of her story was on another thread... I think it is Charlies'!! I know it is so confusing! lol

17. HealysBakersDozen

HealysBakersDozen Well-Known Member

QUOTE(bigmama @ Jul 18 2007, 06:34 AM) [snapback]335661[/snapback]
    LOL No criticism of the Duggars and people like them. You do have to make your children mind, but they shouldn't seem robotic. Siobhan, you've only got 13, come and visit us someday!!! (evil laugh)

I happen to be friends with the Duggars and "people like them". The Duggar children are in no way "robotic" and are very well-mannered, educated individuals. I can only look up to the Duggar family as they are role models as to how people should live their lives and raise their children.

18. Jennifer Jean

Jennifer Jean Well-Known Member

QUOTE(bigmama @ Jul 18 2007, 10:34 AM) [snapback]335661[/snapback]

It IS ironic that this "true story" comes out on a fake HOM thread....hmmmmm....

19. stacyw

stacyw Well-Known Member

QUOTE(HealysBakersDozen @ Jul 19 2007, 11:33 AM) [snapback]337678[/snapback]
    I can only look up to the Duggar family as they are role models as to how people should live their lives and raise their children.

I completely agree.

20. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

Another thing you can do if people bother you is to block them. Go to My Controls > Manage Ignored Users. You can then type in the name of the person(s) you'd like to ignore. You won't see any posts by them.

21. brianamurnion

QUOTE(HealysBakersDozen @ Jul 19 2007, 04:33 PM) [snapback]337678[/snapback]
    I happen to be friends with the Duggars and "people like them". The Duggar children are in no way "robotic" and are very well-mannered, educated individuals. I can only look up to the Duggar family as they are role models as to how people should live their lives and raise their children.

Ditto ditto ditto! Because they happen to have well behaved children they get called "robotic"!! UGH... I guess in order to have NORMAL kids they need to be "hanging from the chandaliers"!!!!

22. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(brianamurnion @ Jul 20 2007, 04:22 PM) [snapback]338988[/snapback]
    Ditto ditto ditto! Because they happen to have well behaved children they get called "robotic"!! UGH... I guess in order to have NORMAL kids they need to be "hanging from the chandaliers"!!!!

Aren't yours??? What's wrong with them???

23. brianamurnion

QUOTE(Susanna+3 @ Jul 20 2007, 05:13 PM) [snapback]339070[/snapback]
    Aren't yours??? What's wrong with them???

LOL No of course my kids arent "normal" because they say please and thankyou, never get up during a meal until they are finished, they help their sisters out w/ eachothers chores and such, they dont watch inappropriate TV.... but I am sure you are tired of hearing about my "Robots"!!

24. happybearsfan

happybearsfan Well-Known Member

QUOTE(bigmama @ Jul 18 2007, 05:34 AM) [snapback]335661[/snapback]

Ohhhhhh my God.

That is all.