Faker!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by becasquared, Oct 15, 2009.

1. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

And he's driving me nuts!

Anytime he touches his hands or arms or anything on anything, i.e. fall on his hand, brush his hand on a toy, touch his bedding, he freaks out. What the heck? I mean every 3-4 minutes he's coming up to me holding his hand or his arm or his foot and fake crying. I don't see any bruises ever, and it's stuff so minor like literally walking past the couch and just brushing against it. What is this? This and the new improved separation anxiety. . . :crazy:

2. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

:hug: Is he ok after you kiss it or tell him it is ok? Can you just ignore it?? Lauren started something like that (although not that extreme) and I would just say, "oh, it will be ok, it will make you strong" and after a while she stopped.

3. becasquared

Yeah, he's fine after just a teensy bit of "You'll be fine, brush it off". So I know it's just attention that he's after.

4. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

I just tell mine "your OK, shake it off". Usually, by not making to big of a deal about it they go on there way quicker. My DD is certainly worse about this than DS. She is our DRAMA QUEEN!!

5. becasquared

hahahah, I totally caught him faking today. He "caught" his finger in the magnadoodle, but whined about his other hand. :rotflmbo:

6. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

My boys both have a nightly "knee pain" episode. About 2 months ago, Jack said his knee hurt at bedtime, and I came back in (which I never do unless there is pain or illness) to kiss it. Now, every night as we are leaving the bedroom, they both feign pain in unison: "knee huuuuurt!" It's amazing how quickly they become conditioned!

7. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Yes, anytime my ds1 gets 'hurt' it is a huge deal but a kiss fixes it instantly. :hug:

8. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

My two do the same thing - but for a bandaid. I swear Ava would become a bandaid if she could! She will walk up to me crying and I ask her which finger, foot, hand etc.. she hurt and she has to look at them all to figure it out! She just wants a bandaid. I stopped buying Dora bandaids in hopes that the plain ones would be boring!