fatal shots?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by LB, Feb 10, 2009.

1. LB

LB Well-Known Member

Hello everyone..
    Our family recently received a horrible phone call telling us that there was a death in the family and our hearts are completely broken..we are still in shock. I was wondering if any of you have heard of this...
    Our nephew went for his 1 year wellness checkup on a Tues. There he received 5 shots. That night he woke up several times during the night but never had a fever. His mom said that he was doing that recently and wasn't really out of the ordinary. His daddy was up with him at 3am and put him back to sleep around that time. His daddy and older sister (3) peeked in on him at 7 am but didn't go over to the crib. At 8 am his mommy went in to find him already gone. They tried CPR but it was too late. The autopsy came back that he was a healthy boy just like his pedi said the day before. We are waiting on blood work and tissue samples to come back to determine what the cause might have been but they are just saying cardiac arrest right now. We don't know how this could be when he has been perfectly healthy. Have any of you heard of such a thing???? We are trying to wrap our brains around something that just makes so sense to us.

2. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have no answers for you but I am so, so sorry for your loss. :hug:

3. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

I don't know the answer to your questions, but wanted you to know that I'm keeping you, your family, and your nephew in my thoughts.

4. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

How horrible.

My condolences to you and your family.

5. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am so sorry for the loss of your nephew. :hug: That is so tragic and sad. :(

6. debbie_long83

debbie_long83 Well-Known Member

I wish I had some answers for you but you are in my thoughts and prayers.

7. lbrooks

lbrooks Well-Known Member

That is just awful. I've never heard of shots being fatal and if they do cause problems there are usually symptoms like fever, convulsions, vomiting, rash etc. I'm so very sorry for your family. Whatever the cause - I can't imagine how heartbreaking that is for all of you. I hope the autopsy provides clear answers.

8. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

Sorry for you loss. I wish there were something comforting to say but there isn't.

9. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh my heart breaks for you and your family. I do hope there are some answers to help you all find closure.
    How terribly sad. I am so so sorry.

10. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

There are no words. I will keep your whole family in my thoughts. :hug:

11. june07girl

june07girl Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. We had a family member pass away at 16months and they diagnosed it as Sudden Unexplained Death in Childhood, which is basically SIDS, just a different term for children that are older than a year. Once again, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

12. TornadoAlleyTwins

TornadoAlleyTwins Well-Known Member

Yes, I've heard of fatal reactions to shots before. Even my friend who's an MD admits it can happen in extremely rare cases. I'm very sorry for your loss. :(

13. MrsBQ02

MrsBQ02 Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh, I am so terribly sorry. There are no appropriate words- but my heart goes out to you and your family. :hug:

14. ahmerl

ahmerl Well-Known Member

I am so sorry this awful tragedy has happened. My heart breaks for you. My thoughts are with you and your family...

15. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

There aren't enough words to tell you how sorry I am about your loss!! :cry: I hadn't heard of that before! :( :hug:

16. kt7776

kt7776 Well-Known Member

How absolutely devastating.... I am so very sorry for your family's loss and cannot imagine this type of pain and shock.

17. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

:hug: I am so incredibly sorry for the loss in your family. I wish I had answers for you, but there are no words. :hug:

18. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness! I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. So very sorry.....this truly breaks my heart....

19. becky5

becky5 Guest

I'm so sorry. :hug:

20. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

I am so incredibly heartbroken for you and your family! That is such a tragedy!

21. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

I haven't heard of that before, but my heart just breaks for you and your family. I cannot begin to imagine the pain and questions you're all going through. My thoughts are prayers are with you.

22. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your family. :hug:

23. EllenJamie

EllenJamie Well-Known Member

We will pray for you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss!

24. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am very sorry for your and your family's loss. I cannot even begin to imagine :grouphug:

25. Slackwater

Slackwater Well-Known Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

26. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

:hug: I am so sorry! How devastating!!! I have never heard of that before either.

27. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

Oh wow-- I am so very terribly sorry for the loss your family is experiencing. I wish there was something more comforting I could say to you.

28. Melis

Melis Well-Known Member

I had never heard of such a thing. I am so sorry what a tremendous loss for your family.

29. cupcake

cupcake Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to read this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

30. Boni

Boni Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry for your loss and its so horrible. I have no word but will send prayer for the family

31. Andi German

Andi German Well-Known Member

That is just such terrible sad news. I am so sorry for your family's loss.

32. nutty-mom

nutty-mom Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear about your tragic loss. My heart hurts for you and your family. You are in my prayers.

33. nutty-mom

nutty-mom Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear about your tragic loss. My heart hurts for you and your family. You are in my prayers.

34. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Wow. How tragic. I am so sorry that this happened.

I hope that the autopsy results can bring some comfort to your family.

35. nadana77

nadana77 Well-Known Member

So very sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.