Favorite Board Books?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by MeredithMM, Mar 26, 2010.

1. MeredithMM

MeredithMM Well-Known Member

My boys really love listening to me read and then chewing on books. haha. This makes me very happy because my late mother was a huge advocate of reading, and this left a huge impression on me and gave me a deep love for reading. So, it makes me sooooo happy to see the boys get excited when it's story time!

I have a few books already, but I am wanting to get a larger library for them. Plus, I am getting kind of bored of the same few books over and over.

What are some that you and your babies enjoy?

TIA

2. jromkey

jromkey Well-Known Member

My husband and I both love reading and hope to instill the same love in our children. We have already amassed quite a nice little collection of children's books and some of our favourites are (but not all board books):

- The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown
    - Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
    - Shine Moon Shine by David Conway
    - The Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
    - Peepo! by Janet and Allen Ahlberg
    - Each Peach Pear Plum by Janet and Allen Ahlberg
    - Rosie and Tortoise by Margaret Wild

Happy Reading!!

3. Chicklet

Chicklet Well-Known Member

Brown Bear Brown Bear
    Mr Brown Can Moo
    The Very Hungry Caterpillar
    The Monster at the End of this book
    I love you Through and Through
    You are My I love you

I got them some more for Easter but can't remember which ones?! Soooo Many cute books out there!!

4. amymc72

amymc72 Well-Known Member

My all-time fave is Barnyard Dance! by Sandra Boynton - love it!

5. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

ANYTHING by Eric Carle. My boys LOVE LOVE LOVE his books. In fact-a few are no longer together, due to so much wear and tear on them!

Other favorites:
    -My Car
    -Dig, Dig, Digging
    -Books with animals-any kind of animals
    -Sandra Boynton books

From very early on, when reading to the boys, we would just point out the various things in the books-animals, flowers, shapes, colors, etc. So before they were talking, they were pointing out all the various objects in the books. They LOVE reading. And to this day-they love looking for things we ask them to find in a book. My boys also have well over 300 books(I was a preschool teacher), so there is no shortage here.

My boys are older, but a recent favorite is Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. I think if you are looking to get more books-definitely get some for when they are a bit older as well.

6. mnm000

mnm000 Well-Known Member

The favorite, favorite at our house is "I love you Stinky Face". Awww, it's so sweet! :air_kiss: We read it every night, and they sit on my lap and help turn the pages, at the right time!

We have a lot of the Sandra Boyton books, and they are a hit.

Some that are just now becoming more popular with my boys are the "My Big..." They seem to have a bunch out, we have "My big animal book" and "My big Truck Book". It has bright colorful pictures of objects, and it's fun to just point to the colorful pictures and say the words.

7. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Definitely Good Night Moon. And Guess How Much I Love You.

8. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Goodnight Moon, Guess How Much I Love You, All of Sandra Boynton's books, Very Hungry Catapillar, Crayola board books with numbers and shapes (my two were fascinated by those books during the FY), Maggie's Colorful Garden and Maggie Can Count