Favorite books....

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by babyhopes09, Jul 16, 2013.

1. babyhopes09

babyhopes09 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I was just curious what books your kids are into right now. We love Llama llama, good night moon, Eric Carl, pinkalicious, very fairy princess, mommy will you... By dori Chicanos.... Pete the cat books... we also are into Berenstain bears and Arthur.. Though I think they are a bit over their heads right now (girls are 3).

Looking for some other titles/authors.. Any suggestions?

Oh and librarians are not helpful at our library... We have tried to ask them for suggestions, but they always pull out the same books/authors!

2. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

The Paper Bag Princes by Robert Munsch - I have read that book so many times, I was able to type the author's name from memory (and memory is not my strong suit). We were reading it to Vivi tonight and she quoted at least half of it from memory. She also runs around the house pretending she's a dragon now. :)

Pretty much anything by Mo Willems though favorites include Knuffle Bunny, Knuffle Bunny Too, We Are In A Book (a children's book that's main 'plot' point is an existential crisis? I'm in!), and Don't Let The Pigeon Drive The Bus.

Good old nursery rhymes - particularly a Little Golden Book with Mother Goose rhymes featuring Disney characters.

3. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Fancy Nancy, Curious George, Jillian Jiggs - still big hits in our house. :)

4. mummy2two

mummy2two Well-Known Member

The two recent favorites in my house are There Are Monsters Everywhere by Mercer Mayer (we customize it by substituting Tae Kwon Do for Karate!) and I Love You Stinky Face by Lisa McCourt.

FYI-Preschools sometimes post their summer reading lists online. I've been getting a lot of great suggestions from these lists.

5. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

My kids will be 3 in September. They love Go Dog Go by PD Eastman, The Cat in the Hat, Hop on Pop, One Fish Two Fish, The thinks you can think, I can Read with my Eyes Shot by Dr. Seuss - they enjoy that style of writing. We have been reading Go dog go for over a year and they never get tired of it, it's so interesting and fun, that's their favorite. Also, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom - they know all the letters because of that book. Another favorite is Harold and the purple crayon.