Favorite Parenting Books?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Kristin1, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Kristin1

Kristin1 New Member

Hi All.

I am hoping you will share some of your favorite parenting books for the toddler/preschool age and what you like about them. My twin boys turned three this past fall and have recently been a little more challenging to discipline. There are more tantrums and back talk and I am looking for some book suggestions for handling this latest phase of parenting.

Thanks so much for the advice!
    Kristin

2. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

123 Magic and Supernanny. They both give easy to implement discipline techniques that work!

3. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Definitely 123 Magic. :good:

And I am in the middle of "Raising the Spirited Child" due to it being recommended to me on this site. A great read for sure.

4. andrew/kaitlyn/smom

andrew/kaitlyn/smom Well-Known Member

"How to Talk So Your Children Will Listen and Listen So Your Children Will Talk" (or something like that) by Faber and Mazlish. It's a little over the heads of toddlers, but does have advice that can work for the preschool set.

5. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

I am also a 123 Magic fan! :)

6. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

123 Magic and "Raising a Spirited Child" are two that have helped lots here.

7. 40+mom

40+mom Well-Known Member

Hi:

This is not a great help with discipline, but for understanding their mindset, I really like the Louise Bates Ames books (i.e., Your Three Year Old, Your Four Year Old). It's helps me understand what is going on in my preschoolers' minds.

Good luck!

Meg