favorite SBS stroller

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by j08w, May 15, 2009.

?

Please vote for your FAVORITE(S)

1. Jeep Wrangler BRU $89.99

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Dream On Me Twin BRU $99.99

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Chicco Trevi Twin BRU sale $169.97

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Graco Twin Ipo Double Albeebaby sale $189.99

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Combi Twin Sport BRU sale $229.99

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Maclaren Twin BRU $244.99

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Peg Perego Aria Twin BRU $339.99

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Baby Jogger City Mini BRU $399.99

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Zooper Tango Double $429.99

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. j08w

j08w Well-Known Member

I would like to get a SBS for my 6 month old boys and have looked through the archives for advice but am overwhelmed. I didn't see a poll.
    Please vote for your favorite and then add why. I think I put the most common ones and the is a huge price span.
    I am posting in the second year forum because you have had a long time to use these.
    Thanks! Jennifer

2. erwelch

erwelch Well-Known Member

IMO the Peg Prego is a piece of crap!! It is the most user unfriendly stroller ever we only used it for 1mth and I couldn't stand it anymore. I know have the Baby Jogger City Elite and it is amazing. It is heavy and I wouldn't reccomend it for everyday use in and out of the car but it is an amazing stroller for walking. I even have all 3 of my kids in it most times, DS sits on the front when he is tired of walking.

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have not used any of those SBS strollers...we bought the Bob revolution and we really like it and the kids do. It's lightweight and easy to use. Good luck on your shopping!

4. alechiac

alechiac Well-Known Member

You didn't list the BOB! It's by far the best item We bought for the twins. After we moved into covertible car seats, it's the only stroller we use, or own... though we're thinking of getting two umbrella strollers.

Good luck!

5. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

I have the Combi and the only thing I don't like about it is it does not have snack trays. That is my main stroller. I hardly ever use the tandum stroller because it's too big and bulky and a pain toi get them in and out.

BTW, I got mine a lot cheaper on amazon so when you make your decision, you might want to shop around online.

6. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

I love the baby jogger city mini... but it really depends what you want to do with your stroller. If it's just going to the mall, you can make do with an aria or combi, but if you're going to be walking on trails or in the park a lot, you'll want something else, like a BOB. We went for the middle ground. It depends how big your trunk is too, I know I needed a lighter/smaller stroller for mine.

And definitely shop online!

7. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I love my Combi SBS!! :yahoo:

8. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Kyrstyn @ May 15 2009, 07:05 AM) [snapback]1314890[/snapback]
    I love my Combi SBS!! :yahoo:

ditto! :good:

9. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

You missed the BOB! We've had the Bob Revolution Duallie (in orange) for 1.5 years now and I LOVE IT! It is seriously the best stroller ever. Easy to push, turns on a dime, great sun shades, decent storage basket underneath (not amazing), super comfy for the kids, and works for adults of all heights. I'm 5'4" and it's comfortable for me. Our nanny is 6'3" and it's comfortable for her to push too. The Bob is our only stroller and we use it every day.

10. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

We have a Mountain Buggy Urban Double, which is similar to the Bob. We utterly love it. (Unfortunately the MB is now a lot more expensive than the Bob -- we actually bought ours used, but I've only seen one or two used ones for sale, ever. The Bob might be easier to find.)

We also have a SBS umbrella-type stroller (the Maclaren Twin Traveller) which is OK for trips to the doctor's office or the mall. But if we're going to be using the stroller for any length of time (the zoo, etc.) we still take the Mountain Buggy even though it's a pain to get in & out of the station wagon. It's just so much easier to push and so much better on all types of surfaces.

If you do any substantial outdoor walking at all, I really recommend getting a jog stroller with a swivel front wheel rather than an umbrella stroller with small hard wheels.

11. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

We have the Combi Twin Sport. I bought it new on eBay for $199 plus free shipping. I love it.

We also have a used Burley bike trailer that we use as a stroller for walks on our gravel country roads. It works nice for that purpose, but is not very portable.

12. sonali33

sonali33 Well-Known Member

I have the Maclaren Twin Techno, which I now love! It took some getting used to, especially after being in love with my double SnG, but now that I know how to fold it, recline the seats, etc it's great. It's relatively lightweight, folds down easily and fits nicely in my Acura TL's truck with room for groceries, etc. The basket underneath is not very big, hardly holds my small diaper bag, and it doesn't have a snack tray but I use links and snack traps instead. I bought it new off of Ebay for a gret price.

13. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I think the first thing you need to decide is if you want a jogger or an umbrella type stroller. I could actually use both. Right now we have the tandem Graco and Schwinn jogger, but I would love to have a SBS with a snack tray.

14. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Minette @ May 15 2009, 04:16 PM) [snapback]1314974[/snapback]
    We have a Mountain Buggy Urban Double, which is similar to the Bob. We utterly love it. (Unfortunately the MB is now a lot more expensive than the Bob -- we actually bought ours used, but I've only seen one or two used ones for sale, ever. The Bob might be easier to find.)

We also have a SBS umbrella-type stroller (the Maclaren Twin Traveller) which is OK for trips to the doctor's office or the mall. But if we're going to be using the stroller for any length of time (the zoo, etc.) we still take the Mountain Buggy even though it's a pain to get in & out of the station wagon. It's just so much easier to push and so much better on all types of surfaces.

If you do any substantial outdoor walking at all, I really recommend getting a jog stroller with a swivel front wheel rather than an umbrella stroller with small hard wheels.

The MBUD is my favourite stroller EVER, I cannot say enough good things about it. From what I've heard/read on this site it's very similar to the BOB so if you can get that for cheaper then that would be my vote.

15. CHJH

CHJH Well-Known Member

I said McLaren but I have the Twin Techno, which is a higher-end model, I believe. I do NOT recommend the Peg Aria side-by-side - save your money! It's light but it's not sturdy enough to carry babies over 20 lbs or so.

16. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

I have the Inglesina Twin Swift, which is really hard to find in stores. I've been really happy with it so far -- got it cheap on Ebay. It's light, has three separate umbrella handles so it's easy to push and turn one-handed, okay baskets, bad sun shades -- mostly it's easy to fold, and very easy to get in and out of the trunk. It has an umbrella fold.

However, my kids are HUGE, and they're stretching the capacity of the stroller. So, I'm thinking about getting a jogging-type stroller (although I don't jog).

Anyone know how the Bob compares to the Baby Jogger (either City Elite or Classic)? Those two seem to be the most beloved. I need something that holds really large kids, and the lightest possible one...

17. cheesehead4girl

cheesehead4girl Well-Known Member

i have the graco duorider and really love it. i love the storage baskets it has. i think i paid $129 for it from amazon.com with free shipping. good luck finding a stroller!

tanya

18. j08w

j08w Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Jennifer2008 @ May 15 2009, 08:33 AM) [snapback]1314763[/snapback]
    I would like to get a SBS for my 6 month old boys and have looked through the archives for advice but am overwhelmed. I didn't see a poll.
    Please vote for your favorite and then add why. I think I put the most common ones and the is a huge price span.
    I am posting in the second year forum because you have had a long time to use these.
    Thanks! Jennifer

Sorry, I forgot to write that I have a jogging stroller. I am looking for an everyday stroller that will fit into the trunk of a sedan.
    Thanks for your input.

19. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

We have the Combi Twin Savvy, a couple of years old. I have no complaints! :good:

We also have the Safari TT Double jogger, love that too!!

PS - Time to change your ticker. ;)

20. Bridgett

Bridgett Well-Known Member

QUOTE(idril @ May 15 2009, 10:10 AM) [snapback]1314968[/snapback]
    You missed the BOB! We've had the Bob Revolution Duallie (in orange) for 1.5 years now and I LOVE IT! It is seriously the best stroller ever. Easy to push, turns on a dime, great sun shades, decent storage basket underneath (not amazing), super comfy for the kids, and works for adults of all heights. I'm 5'4" and it's comfortable for me. Our nanny is 6'3" and it's comfortable for her to push too. The Bob is our only stroller and we use it every day.

I agree 100%!!! Someone here highly recommended the BOB to me and that's what we use everywhere. We have the Combi also and it's fine to go to the mall but the BOB is a dream for outside walks - you literally can steer it with one finger. LOVE IT! By the way, sometimes REI has a sale where you can get 20% off an item for joining their membership. We saved $100 when we got the BOB. BOB is more expensive but well worth the extra expense! You usually get what you pay for. We've tried several strollers and no other stroller compared to the BOB.

21. j08w

j08w Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MichelleL @ May 15 2009, 03:05 PM) [snapback]1315275[/snapback]
    PS - Time to change your ticker

Does anyone know how I can access my account with out name and password? Set it up while I was pregnant...

22. CROSSTWINS

CROSSTWINS Well-Known Member

I have the baby jogger city mini. I really have nothing to compare it to. It is a really simple to use, turns good, has a large basket underneath. Mine came with a bar for the girls to hold on to but I would rather of had a snack tray. When the girls are in the stroller they seem to lean back further than they would like though. They have to hang on to the bar and lean forward to be able to see much. I would be a great stroller if the only places you need it for is where there are smooth surfaces like the mall or where there is pavement or smooth dirt. It is a little hard to push on rougher surfaces but not to bad either. Like I said though I don't have anything to compare it to. Good luck and hope you can find one you like.

23. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

I have the Chicco C5 Twin and love it! It handles like a dream! No snack trays but I just give them snack cups, so I didnt see a need for the tray.

24. plattsandra103

plattsandra103 Well-Known Member

i pretty much hate my peg perego twin aria. got it cheap on albeebaby.com about a year ago ($170) but still regret it. VERY hard to turn. one of the canopies never worked (it falls out--they sent a new canopy and the problem is with the actual stroller) i had the piece that locks the trays together fall out and can't put it back together. the cup holder sucks. you need 2 hands to open and close it...the wheels lock up when you stop and try to go again....the list goes on and on.

the only pro is that it's lightweight, but there are plenty of strollers out there that don't weigh 40 lbs....

25. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

I have the Combi - it's the only SBS I've ever had and I don't like it. I think it is kind of cheap and doesn't hold my kids in nearly as well as I need it to (they are monkeys). I wish I had bought something different. However, I know others loooove it, so this just my personal opinion. :)

26. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

I got the Combi Twin Savvy... it doesn't have a full snack tray - but it has 3 shallow cup holders... we don't use ours much yet since I'm still in the car carriers and frame stroller... but its very nice on walks at our house. and so many people recommended that I chose it. We got lucky and got it on sale for $200 (same price as w/o the cup holders...) b/c of it being a prior year's color. I agree, look around when you decide what you want, there are deals to be made online.

also, a main reason I chose it was its ability to fit in my trunk, the way it folds & rolls and then also the light weight of it. good luck choosing.

27. ckreh

ckreh Well-Known Member

After using the Graco duoglide we decided we wanted a SBS stroller too. This is what we got

Graco SBS stroller

We are very impressed by the quality, the mobility, how compact it folds up and it is pretty lightweight too which comes in handy when you have two herniated discs in your lower back.

Good luck in making your decision. I know there is so much out there and they aren't cheap which can make the decision more difficult.

28. allboys

allboys Well-Known Member

I have the Baby Jogger City Mini. I LOVE the giant sunshades on it and it maneuvers really well. My main complaint is that the seats lean back and the kids would prefer being more upright. A snack tray would be nice too.

29. Buttercup1

Buttercup1 Well-Known Member

I have the Maclaren and the BOB. I have never used any other SBS before so I have nothing to compare to. But I like the Maclaren to keep in my car. It's light weight, folds up easily and not wide and bulky. I already feel like I attract a lot of attention when I'm out with the twins so I'm glad I don't have anything bigger. The BOB is great for walking around the neighborhood or going up to camp.

30. chickie1071

chickie1071 New Member

I have the jeep wrangler, and I adore it. It is very lightweight, and real easy to use. It just needs storage. I use it to take and pick up the girls from daycare. Very quick and easy to use.

31. prairiemom3

prairiemom3 Well-Known Member

We have the Mountain Buggy Urban Double and loooove it. handles awesome and the kids seem to like it as well. Good luck, I remember agonizing forever trying to decide.

32. eechy

eechy Well-Known Member

I have the BOB and the MacLaren Twin Techno. I love the BOB and use it several times daily. I keep it in my car and cannot say enough good things about it. As soon as there is a sale at REI, buy it! Do not hesitate! :)

As for the Twin Techno...ugh. Not a fan. I HATE that you need two hands to steer it and even with those two hands, it's not all that easy to maneuver. The only time I use it is if I know I'm going to be in a restaurant. But most times I'll just use the BOB and park it outside. (Obviously this is only once they can sit in the high chairs.)

Happy Shopping!

33. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I voted for the Combi Twin Sport. I have the Twin Savvy, but I think its the sport now. I also have a Valco Twin Trimode and that is my favorite of the two. But the Combi is only a close second. I love it.

Not a Maclaren SBS fan here. Very, very heavy and no snack trays. Had it and returned it.

34. Halseyse

Halseyse Well-Known Member

35. amelowe9

amelowe9 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(allboys @ May 15 2009, 08:01 PM) [snapback]1315606[/snapback]
    I have the Baby Jogger City Mini. I LOVE the giant sunshades on it and it maneuvers really well. My main complaint is that the seats lean back and the kids would prefer being more upright. A snack tray would be nice too.

I own the Baby Jogger City Mini too...LOOOOOOOOOVE! Cannot say enough good things about this stroller. It's very light-weight, easy to open/close, great shades, easy to maneuver and it goes on. There ARE snack trays available. I bought mine separately and snap them onto the bar and they work great!

I also own the Mountain Buggy and love it too! My only complaint is that it is ridiculously heavy. I use it for neighborhood walks and hikes, City Mini for everday...all in all I have to say I love em both.