Feel like I can't empty my bladder

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Krystine, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Krystine

Krystine Well-Known Member

Sorry if TMI, but I have to pee all the time. And when I do, even with leaning forward I don't feel like it's all done. I don't feel like it's a UTI it feels physically the babies' weight is on my bladder and I just pee and 10 min later I could again or just at random times feel like I have to go. How am I supposed to really empty my bladder other than leaning forward at the end? Or just live with going potty all the time for the next 5 mos?

2. paperclippy

paperclippy Well-Known Member

Even if it doesn't feel like a normal UTI it couldn't hurt to have your doctor check you. I had a decent number of UTI's before pregnancy and my symptoms weren't the same with all of them (at least one got diagnosed without me having any symptoms at all). In any case right now at nearly 25 weeks I'm probably peeing at least once every couple hours, often more. In the morning when I first get up I probably go three times in an hour. I also find that I can be sitting down and not feel like I have to pee, but sometimes as soon as I stand up and the babies' weight kicks in I'm rushing to the restroom.

3. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

It sounds like a UTI to me. I know for me I never get any pain with them, and the only way I know I have one is by the feeling I can't empty or I don't go at all. The worst that can happen if you get checked out is that it's not and you may be running to the bathroom every 10 mins.

4. Darlingcrys

Darlingcrys Member

I agree never hurts to get checked better safe than sorry. I don't have much to add to the conversation other than I so know how you feel. I can just finish peeing and then stand up and need to go again. So I get the frustration! When in doubt check it out :p. I get checked often no shame in that. Hang in there!

5. Krystine

Ugh, I was hoping it was just pressure. I'll call the clinic.

6. Krystine

Straight cath in my bladder showed blood in my urine but no infection at all. The nurse thinks it's a kidney stone.

7. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

Yikes! What are they going to do about the kidney stone?? I have a friend that gets them and is in severe pain from them.

8. Krystine

She gave ma a script for pain meds if it gets really bad and said drink tons of lemon water. I also have a yeast infection so I'm taking prescription meds for that that are causing cramping and that is really bothersome in an anxiety-provoking - what is this doing to my babies kind of way. If I didn't have the SCH I wouldn't be wearing pantiliners all the time which I'm sure is what caused the yeast.

9. AKilburn

I had a yeast infection and my doc would only allow me to use the cream ( monistat) said diflican was either class c or he didn'tlike prescribing it. You poor thing! I hope you get to feeling better!

10. Krystine

Thank you. I am taking terconazle. I read all the info in the package insert and it looks like the danger is before 12 weeks since it's administered vaginally. I am guessing that since the babies are getting their nutrition from the placenta instead of right from me it's safer now at 17 weeks? I wish I could just get through the next 5 mos without any other complications or extra health problems!!

11. AKilburn

Yeah I think mine was in my 2nd trimester after 2 rounds of antibiotics ... The med he prescribed didn't cause any cramps though.

I have no clue if you can take this during pregnancy or not but my friend that has the kidney stones swears by an herbal medicine called Queen of the Meadows ... She said it breaks them down and takes away the pain.

Hopefully it will be smooth sailing for you after this! :hug:

12. Krystine

Thank you! I am hoping so, too! So far the babies have been measuring the same and on track and my only living child was more than full term so praying these little babies decide to follow suit. It just seems like it's one thing after another.