Feeling like I can't get enough water?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by ~*CHELS*~, Jan 12, 2007.

1. ~*CHELS*~

~*CHELS*~ Well-Known Member

IS this normal? I fell like I can not stop drinking water. I don't feel very hungry at all but all I want is WATER WATER WATER. I must have chugged like 4 bottles just through the night last night???

2. ~*CHELS*~

~*CHELS*~ Well-Known Member

IS this normal? I fell like I can not stop drinking water. I don't feel very hungry at all but all I want is WATER WATER WATER. I must have chugged like 4 bottles just through the night last night???

3. Mommy2PJ

Mommy2PJ Well-Known Member

Did you glucose test come back ok? Extreme thirst can be a symptom of being diabetic (pregnancy or otherwise).

But, it could also be your body telling you to stay hydrated! [​IMG] I get like that some days, except it's usually for Koolaid, not water! [​IMG]

4. Jude Rose

Jude Rose Active Member

Hmmm...I don't think it's completely bad. I mean, I drink water non-stop and am actually glad for my two hour pee wake-ups at night so I can down some. But it ends up being about 1 pint a night.
    There is the chance that you're having some symptoms of an overworked kidney or liver or even gestational diabetes. I'm going to assume at this point you tested negative for GD. If not, tell your doc your symptoms-you may need insulin.

If you did indeed test negative, consider taking some Nettle and Red Clover capsule supplements. Drink red raspberry leaf tea. And grow or buy alfalfa sprouts. These are all powerful, very safe and healthy ways to cleanse and aid your placenta, kidneys, liver, and the RRL also helps your uterus do the hard work at hand.

Hope that helps!

5. JASB

JASB Well-Known Member

I had the same problem. I didn't have GD. My dr. said my metabolic rate has increased that I need extra nutrients to stay hydrated. I drink tons of water and it still feels like I can't get enough. Especially living in south florida where it is still hot. Plus if you live where you have the heat on in your house, this could make it very dry.

I started drinking some gatorade along with the water and it helped. Just make sure you get enough liquids cause it can cause contractions if you are dehydrated. I actually had to get an IV to replenish my liquids. Just be sure to mention it to your Dr. Good luck!

6. babyarnold

babyarnold Member

I was exactly the same - I had to drink 4L of water every day during my pregnancy or I would just dry up. My midwife kept sending me to get my glucose checked for GD but it was always fine. I agree with PP that it was just my babies telling me to keep hydrated.

7. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

I don't know why other than your body just needs the extra hydration. Like a pp, I've also started drinking a little Gatorade each day along with my water. This has the good electrolytes we need! I have heard alfalfa sprouts are good, but I would maybe shy away from the red rasberry leaf products if you already have an irritable uterus (can't remember if you do). It is a good "uterine tonic," but many sources say it's actually a bad thing for irritable uterus.

8. tdemarco01

tdemarco01 Well-Known Member

HI there,

When I was pregnant with my twins I drank about 100oz a day -- I just had those 32 oz bottles around me all the time.

Keep in mind, you're in a cold climate in the winter and the air is very dry, so you're probably needing to maintain a level of hydration due to the dry heat. Just a thought.

But i'd ask your ob to make sure all is ok.

Teri D

9. kimber074

kimber074 Well-Known Member

i've been having this problem this week because of the weather change and the cold dry weather we have been having. if your glucose is okay i would definately say it could just be weather related.

10. pam2baby

pam2baby Well-Known Member

you just have to listen to your body, I believe it craves what it needs.....like chocolate. p