Feeling 'off' since weaning at one year old

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by jdorourk, Jun 4, 2013.

1. jdorourk

jdorourk Well-Known Member

My b/g twins were EBF until one year old. I weaned DD in one week, then slowly weaned DS and we are down to nursing only before bed at almost 14 mos old. My supply is very low now as I can barely feel the letdown at bedtime. AF came back just before 13 mos.

It seems since AF came back when I was weaning, i started feeling 'off' physically. All my joints feel achy for a couple days at a time (not pain just mild aches) and I feel like I need a lot of ibuprofen. My knees have this weird pain on the inside and some days like today i just feel sluggish, other days i feel antsy/yucky like i need a good workout, so I get a good workout in, then feel antsy/yucky the next day like I need more exercise. I eat pretty healthy and am getting some exercise most days - running, walking or yoga. Is this just getting older? Or just the wear and tear of working full time and keeping up with twin toddlers who like to get up before 530am most days? Or was breastfeeding some magic fountain of youth making me feel better? Or just my hormones still lining out from weaning off twin breastfeeding? I have my yearly appt w OB friday and will have them check my hormones.

2. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I think a checkup is in order! I found my metabolism and hormones were quite wonky after I weaned, and I did feel off. Everything was fine, but it's still a good idea to get your thyroid checked and make sure all is in working order. My PMS was out of control post-kids too.

3. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree with Jen. It's most likely your hormones doing their thing but it doesn't hurt to get everything checked out.

4. daisies

daisies Well-Known Member

you haven't had a tick bite have you?

odd joint pain that comes and goes can be caused by Ehrlichiosis (a tick born disease common in NC).

5. jdorourk

jdorourk Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies! I hope to find out something at my OB appt.

Daises - I don't think I've been bit by a tick. I live in a large urban area in Texas. We have some trees but def. no woods around.

Surprisingly I feel very good today, like my old self. I got a run in over lunch yesterday and slept good last night, most nights I toss and turn between 2-5 am, even on days I exercise. It always seems when I get to the point of posting about an issue, it seems to resolve itself at that time. Hopefully I'll be having more good days like this.