Fetal movement

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by momof6, Jul 30, 2010.

1. momof6

momof6 Well-Known Member

I began to feel the babies move early this week. They were very active and I could almost see a pattern in their movements...more active about 9 pm and 4-6 am. Yesterday and today I have not felt them at all. I am really worried. My husband thinks it is just their position since last Fri my OB said it may be a few weeks yet before I feel them. Should I be worried or is this normal? Any experience or thoughts? Thanks

2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I think you are still pretty early on for feeling them, so it's probably just their positioning. I didn't really start to feel mine move until around 18-19 weeks and it was my second pregnancy.

3. jessietrio

jessietrio Well-Known Member

Do you know where the babies' placenta(s) are located? I have 2 - one anterior and one posterior...this affected when/how/where I felt early movement [and current movement as well] for certain!! ^_^

Early on there was also a noticeable change in the intensity of movements felt as the babies' cartilage turned to bone...and then, well, the babes were getting bigger.

I would say that you are very normal to feel the way you feel and it is very normal to feel sporadic movement this early... :p

4. jrg9171

jrg9171 Well-Known Member

I went through the same constant worry but keep in mind that they are still pretty small. Luckily I have a fetal dopler that has helped to ease my mind tremendously. When I listen to their heartbeats and even during my U/S's mine have been VERY active at times that I didn't feel them. Give it a few more weeks. I'm 24 weeks tomorrow and I swear I have two wild babies having parties in there. I still will have days where I won't feel much movement out of one or the other and I start to worry but then within the next day or so they are back at it full force, a lot of times kicking in different places than before, so I know they've moved around. Enjoy their quiet time while you can. I feel like my girl is constantly playing basketball with my bladder and it's painful and I know it's only going to get worse. Good luck!

5. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry this early but you can do what they tell you later in pregnancy. Eat/drink something sweet and then lay down and monitor the fetal movements.

6. momof6

momof6 Well-Known Member

I do not know where the placentas are now, but at the 13 week u/s one was over my cervix. I have an u/s on Aug 9th as well as a OB visit after. I have a progesterone injection this Fri so maybe I will ask them to listen to the heartbeats to put my mind at ease. I just figured that once I started to feel them it would continue and pick up. I thought with 2 and this being my 7th pregnancy (2 miscarriages) that I would have early noticeable movement.